Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Prints

Not sure if this is the best forum for this but, here it goes.

This is mainly for the semi-pro / pro photographers out there; who do you rely on for getting your prints done; yourself (if so what do you use) or a dedicated print shop?

TIA.

06-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You have plenty of choices out there - depends on whether the lab can provide what you need and like.

I use WHCC for most of my prints and find them to be prompt and reliable, plus great prints. I have had some issues with the way they ship "bulk" printing (for proofs) but all their other prints are packed flat, covered, and padded, then put inside a cardboard box. Amazingly well packed.

There's also MPix.com, MeridianPro.com, studiologic.com, collages.net, and dozens more national labs, plus thousands of local labs.

The bigger labs will typically give you free samples and sometimes give you a few prints of your own images so you can check out color reproduction/accuracy/quality/etc.

I would suggest you check out websites and local labs and see who can provide what you want for the price you want to pay.
06-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My two faves are WHCC and Mpix. Both are very professional and use top grade equipment and papers.