Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Any freeware/shareware to scan multiple photos and save them individually?

Hi

I have quite a number of old film photos that I wish to convert to digital format for safe keeping.

I have a flat bed scanner and while i can scan photos 1 no at a time and save that photo to JPG, the task become tedious after a while.

Is there any software that allow me to scan say 4 photos at one go (arranged neatly on the flatbed) and automatically save these photos to individual JPG?

Thanks for any help.

06-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Not much help here, but I know the CanoScan software can do that. Whether it is a free download or not I don't know, nor whether it will work on non-canoscan flatbeds. Best bet is probably to start googling and/or head over to sourceforge.net and see what they've got.
06-14-2008, 03:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Not exactly what you asked for, but I'd suggest downloading the trial of VueScan and seeing if it helps your workflow sufficiently that you don't mind forking over forty bucks. (After banging my head on the wall with bundled software and then trying VueScan, I was glad to take my wallet out and pay for it).
06-14-2008, 04:16 AM   #4

My Canon MP760 MFP does exactly that - a really useful feature. You can download the software from Canon but I think it is specific to their own scanners.

Still, may be worth a try...

06-14-2008, 07:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Downloaded vuescan and tried it. Don't quite like it, unfortunately. But thank you Mike for your help

A kind soul email me to say that paintshop pro photo X2 can do this really well. I am going to investigate further. But it is an expensive program

I also used a Canon MFC but my model is MFC4150. Tried canonscan software for other canon models but the software just won't install. So I guess canon's software is model specific.
06-14-2008, 10:39 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Scan 4 at a time then use a screen saver program that will chop them up into 4 different picture. I use CaptureWiz Pro and I can save anything on my screen any size. I can save just a word or the whole screen. Neat tools.