Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2015, 06:01 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Question on Elements 11/Camera Raw

I have Elements 11. When I click on "Help", "About plug-ins"; Camera Raw 7.4 shows. However clicking on it does nothing, so I don't know if it's installed or not. How do I access Camera Raw?

08-14-2015, 06:13 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
"About" usually tells you only the version of the software installed.

Your computer Control Panel --> Programs will show you all the installed programs on your computer. With your file manager, right click on a raw file and "Open with"... Look for ACR or Elements. If it opens, you are good :-)
08-14-2015, 06:51 PM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Nothing shows re/RAW in programs, just Elements. When I try to download Camera Raw, following their directions; I open Elements, (then they say clk Editor) I don't see Editor. Then clk Help-updates. Updates shows that there are no new updates. So no Camera Raw.
08-14-2015, 08:01 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
When you open a RAW file with elements,Camera Raw will be there.Just find one of your RAW files, either a .dng or .pef and open it with Elements.Hope that helps. Dew

08-14-2015, 08:10 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ACR is an integral part of Photoshop Elements, it does not exist as a discreet program. To get to it you must open a RAW (PEF, DNG) file from Elements.

Open Elements.

>File >Open then select a RAW file from your folder. The file must be in a known RAW format. The file will then open in the RAW editor.

Alternatively from your folder select your RAW file, right click and select open with Photoshop Elements. The RAW editor will open.

You can also open a non RAW file eg a jpeg in the RAW editor by the "open as" command
08-14-2015, 08:57 PM   #6
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ahhh thanks to both of you! I don't have a RAW file now, but will shoot some tomorrow & give it a try!