Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2008, 05:21 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photo Recovery Programs?

Hey All,

Lost tons of photos the other day and tried to use the Photo Rescue that came with my Sandisk, about half the photos that it rescued was just grey. Anyone know of a better software ?

06-18-2008, 06:09 AM   #2
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Okami Quote
Hey All,

Lost tons of photos the other day and tried to use the Photo Rescue that came with my Sandisk, about half the photos that it rescued was just grey. Anyone know of a better software ?

Are you shooting .jpg or raw?
06-18-2008, 08:48 AM   #3
Ed in GA

pcinspector.com

QuoteOriginally posted by Okami Quote
Hey All,

Well, if you are shooting in jpg. Here's a link to a website.

CONVAR & PCinspector Data Recovery Datenrettung recupero dati datarecovery récupération données

you can download the freeware and, if you are using a card reader, scan the card in the specified drive and it will recover just about anything that's on the card.

This, however is not a fast scanning program. a 4GB card will take about 1-1/2 hours.

Hope it works for you.

Ed
06-18-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I recovered all but a few photos of my neighbors trip to Disney after his daughter formatted the card accidentally. It is free, but worth a donation.

VAIOSoft, Inc - Recovery Manager - Photo Recovery, Data Reocovery, Music Recovery , Movie Recovery for Digital Flim Medias

06-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys!! yeah its weird that some of my jpgs were receovered fine with the sandisk ones and others were just totally grey.

I'll try both when i get home.
06-18-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just tried both and still get grey or half grey pics i'm SOL then i guess
06-19-2008, 12:05 AM   #7
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Okami,

I had the same issue last year, got really frustrated until I realised most of the greyed recovered pictures were in fact the ones I deleted directly from the camera on the card.
don't know exactly how the process work but the header of the picture can be apparently recovered but not the data in that case.
don't know if it helps...
The sandisk software recovered (in my case) all the lost data in fact.
Michel.

06-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Mitch , i noticed that for a few pictures too but i know other ones were defiantely ones that were still on the card. those are the breaks.,,
07-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use File Recover from PC-Tools

You buy it on line for a minimal charge, and I found it works very well. It recovered 98% of a flash card that I deleted by accident.

Note, if you delete by reformatting your card there is nothing you can do,
07-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I use File Recover from PC-Tools

You buy it on line for a minimal charge, and I found it works very well. It recovered 98% of a flash card that I deleted by accident.

Note, if you delete by reformatting your card there is nothing you can do,
Sorry, Lowell - I must disagree with you. Unless you physically destroy the card or overwrite the data with other data, it's still all there. This is why you should take an axe to your old hard drives or use intelligence standard overwrite formating before letting your drive go.