Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Do I need to calibrate?- quick test!

I guess it's question most people have asked themselves at some point, and I guess most people do print their pictures at some point. Now I changed graphics card and my calibration was gone. I still thought everything looked correct until I printed a picture for my brother, and the colors were horrible!

Now look at the image half of it before calibration and the second half after... Those were edited to be more or less identical on the uncalibrated vs the calibrated monitor.

Name:  calibration-test.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  109.2 KB

Which one is better?

Last edited by discharged; 09-03-2015 at 01:05 PM.
09-03-2015, 01:12 PM   #2

Only the one who took the photo could tell which one is better. For me, 2 is over saturated and has more contrast on a calibrated screen. But then, it all depends on how the photo was taken and how it was supposed to look like.
09-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by farhaddad Quote
Only the one who took the photo could tell which one is better. For me, 2 is over saturated and has more contrast on calibrated screen. But then, it all depends on how the photo was taken and how it was supposed to look like.
It really does not matter which is better, I just wanted to illustrate the difference a calibration can do. It was just added to see if people prefer the one edited on calibrated screen or uncalibrated.
09-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by discharged Quote
It really does not matter which is better, I just wanted to illustrate the difference a calibration can do. It was just added to see if people prefer the one edited on calibrated screen or uncalibrated.
Yeah, it definitely makes a difference and it is worth doing even if you do not print out your photos.

Last edited by farhaddad; 09-03-2015 at 01:33 PM.