Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2015, 07:40 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Small problem/Pain in the rear with PSE 9

Ok, so two weeks ago I am editing photos with Photoshop Elements 9, no problems, work flow is going ok. Eyes started hurting so I shut it down and will do some more on another day.

Last weekend, I open up PSE and go through my normal steps. I get to the saving part, I click the "save as" button and the "save as" menu opens like normal. The only difference is, the file name is showing .tif at the end (like this IMGP3200.tif instead of just IMGP32000) and I haven't hit save yet.

Has anybody else that uses Photoshop Elements 9 run into this?

If you have what did you do about it?

It's a pain in the rear to remove the .tif every time I go to save my photos.

09-15-2015, 03:53 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I've been using PSE 9 for years and haven't seen that problem. However, whenever I need help using PSE, I go to this website, Home | Photoshop Elements & More. The folks there are very knowledgeable and quick to reply. That forum is very similar in design to PF, my main source of information.
09-15-2015, 04:48 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you. I'll give it a try.
09-15-2015, 06:30 AM   #4

It shouldn't make a difference if the extension is there or not. The Windows API will put the proper extension on depending on what type of file type you choose to save as. You probably changed the Windows folder view options to show extensions of known file types.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/865219

09-15-2015, 12:21 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a try.

Just checked it and that was the problem. I don't know why I didn't catch that. Brain must have stopped working.