Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-09-2015, 06:16 AM   #16
Pentaxian

I've done the up date and experience no problems using my CC version on my Windows PC. As far as some of the removed features, I don't miss them as I didn't use them but hey to each their own. I really like the add of dehaze to the adjustment brush, makes it more like ACR and easier to use in Lightroom then having to scroll down to effects, for one adjustment.

10-09-2015, 11:18 AM   #17

Original Poster
looks like they just pushed another update to resolve performance and crash issues
10-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
I've done the up date and experience no problems using my CC version on my Windows PC
+1 the updates working fine and is stable on Mac too.
10-09-2015, 02:48 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I purchased a disk to get the new Lightroom. It's done some strange things. Created a new file in the catalog, imported from the external hard drive, modified about 10 image files. Next day, the new catalog file was gone, no way I could discover how to get it back, so editing done to the to 10 files lost. Why?? Also discovered that one of the most desirable new features, a "clarity" filter that really enhances dull skies, is only available on the perpetual-rental version of LR, not the pay-once-it's-yours version. Why wasn't that made clear up front? I never would have purchased the new version.

10-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Why wasn't that made clear up front? I never would have purchased the new version.
That was added at the first update. Adobe told everyone that new features would only be added to the numbered versions at full number updates, if there ever is a new full number version update.

There are posts here in this forum complaining about it from the time of the first update.
10-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Also discovered that one of the most desirable new features, a "clarity" filter that really enhances dull skies, is only available on the perpetual-rental version of LR, not the pay-once-it's-yours version. Why wasn't that made clear up front? I never would have purchased the new version.
The 'expectation' is that those new features will be rolled into the next full number version (7.0 I guess) but available to the the subscription folks now because they are paying for new features monthly. Whether that is true or not I do not know. Whether there will ever be another new standalone version is also unknown.
10-09-2015, 11:18 PM - 1 Like   #22

You can get the de-haze filter for Lightroom 6 as a free pre-set from Lightroom June Update Adds Dehaze Control, These Free Presets Make Sure You Can Use It ? Prolost