Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2015, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Free online class (Turn a b/w photo to color)

Hey guys! I'm teaching another class on Skillshare.com, and since I love PF and this community, I wanted to give it away to you guys to repay everything I've gotten from this forum over the years! It's normally only available for premium members ($10/month), but the link will allow you to take my class for free.

Most all of the information covered will likely be below some of you, but I wanted to use colorizing as a fun and unique way to teach some photo editing tool fundamentals - layers and selections.

Programs I cover:

- Photoshop
- Affinity Photo
- Pixelmator

Photoshop Editing Skills/Tools Covered:

- In-depth explanation of layers
- Layer masks
- Overview of selection tools and refinements
- Modifying fill layers with selection tools and brushes
- Image licenses explained (public domain vs. Creative Commons)
- How to colorize a black and white photo (of course )

Link for free class --- > http://skl.sh/1KLo90S

Enjoy!

on photobucket

10-30-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Do i need to sign up? It's asking for a membership.. there is a $0 membership option. Is that what I do? Thanks for offering this, much appreciated.
10-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks muchly! How long do we have to take advantage of the link?
10-30-2015, 04:57 PM   #4

Enjoying the class, thanks! I think it will also work with aerial photos (old WB scanned from film).

Marko

10-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Wissink - You may need to create a free membership account which will give you access to free classes, plus this free premium class.
Sholtzma - The link expires the 22nd of November, so you have some time to get in there. Once you're in, you can access it for life.
Medomare - looking forward to what you create!
10-31-2015, 02:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks for the link!
I was about to comment there's a tutorial for Paint.NET on their forum and then I reached the third video
11-01-2015, 03:14 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Giklab, my pleasure! And haha, please be the first of the group to make this happen in paint.net! I'd love your feedback to see how easy/difficult this is in there. I don't have access to a PC anymore, but I've always had a soft spot for it. Though not as robust, It's so much easier to use than Gimp!

11-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChainbreakR Quote
Giklab, my pleasure! And haha, please be the first of the group to make this happen in paint.net! I'd love your feedback to see how easy/difficult this is in there. I don't have access to a PC anymore, but I've always had a soft spot for it. Though not as robust, It's so much easier to use than Gimp!
It's in progress, not going as well as I'd hoped due to my less-than-stellar skills at PDN (I only use it for exposure tweaks usually). I've found PDN to be much more useful on small screens as well, and it also has a really nice raw plugin (although, again, not as capable as UFRaw for GIMP but hey...)
11-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChainbreakR Quote
Wissink - You may need to create a free membership account which will give you access to free classes, plus this free premium class.
Thanks again