Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2015, 01:53 PM   #1

Lightroom CC publish to Flickr

I recently upgraded from Lightroom 5 to Lightroom CC and I am having some issues publishing to Flickr.

Previously, when I added additional photos to an already-created album within the Flickr module in Lightroom, the new photos would be segregated under a "new photos to publish" section. Similarly, if I edited any photos that were already published after the fact, they would be clumped in a "modified photos to republish" group. This allowed me to publish only the new photos to the existing Album.

Now with Ligthroom CC whenever I add new photos to an Album or edit ones I've already published, they are not segregated like they used to be. Now I have to republish (re-upload) all the photos in the Album regardless of whether they were published already. This is annoying because this deletes all the comments/faves/views of that photo in Flickr as well as the privacy settings.

What am I missing here? How do I make this act like it did in Lightroom 5?

10-31-2015, 03:31 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PenTex Quote
What am I missing here? How do I make this act like it did in Lightroom 5?
You might want to consider simply not using the uploader plugin.

I export to a particular directory. When the export is done, LR opens an explorer window with the new jpgs highlighted. I then just drag/drop into the Flickr upload page. Works slick with little pain.

Steve
10-31-2015, 03:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lightroom CC should work the same way, mine does.
There is a setting someplace that forces a recopy sounds like you have that turned on. Not near the computer right now i will see if i can find the setting later.
10-31-2015, 05:22 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Works the same for me in 2015 CC. Check the plugin manager and maybe sign in and out again. It's like Lr lost the connection. And check out Friedl's Flickr plugin; it's much better IMHO.

11-02-2015, 08:53 PM   #5
Pentaxian

+1 for Friedl's Flickr plugin.
+2 if you can say it ten times real fast.