Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2015, 08:56 PM   #1
Forum Member

Printing custom greeting cards

So I bumbled over to mpix to upload my Christmas card images since they are offering 50% greeting cards for Black Friday. All of the premade designs had not only their brand on the back but also a shout out to the designer of the card. Really? I thought the design was part of what I was paying for. Whenever I'm paid for my work, I don't plaster my name on the finished copy. Whatever.

I go back and design my own card, front and back, and head back over the the DIY section of mpix just to realize that I cannot put on image on the back, only text, because it reserved for their logo. Give me a break.

I know that if I used their pro service I could get unbranded products, but I'm not a pro and don't even have time at this point to mess with it.

So what service will let me use my own image files for the front and back of a greet card (not flat card)? My local options aren't promising. I'm pretty sure I did this through mpix as recently as last Christmas.

11-26-2015, 11:53 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
pretty sure you can do most of what you want on snapfish or shutterfly.
11-27-2015, 06:48 AM   #3

Try proDPI. They consistently are ranked among the highest quality labs in the US and their pricing is quite good. You need to download their ROES software to use their system.
11-27-2015, 08:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OvernightPrints.com is a great place to print stuff, they're having 93% off for Black Friday....

11-27-2015, 08:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think nationslab.com may do this, they have a folded card or classic fold option, but they are for regular cards not the christmas cards, so they are not under the christmas card section. You also need to use their ROES software.

I used shutterfly last year and did just the postcard. they may have folded cards too
11-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you for the suggestions! I had another try at Mpix this morning and it looks like my head was full of stuffing (mmm... stuffing) last time I was on their site and was in the section for cards printed as photos. I didn't realize any of the consumer guys even still did that. But mpix does fully customizable cards, apparently.
11-27-2015, 02:55 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My suggestion is, depending on how many cards you need to print, print them yourself at home.

Red River paper have a lot of options for printing greeting cards.

Inkjet Photographic Papers Premium Photo Paper by Red River

Another source for doing greeting cards at home is a place called The Photographers Edge. The difference between this place and Red River paper is you print your picture on standard photo paper and then the card stock acts like a frame for the photo.

Photographer's Edge

I have used both but I do like Red River Papers printable card stock better.