Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2015, 02:06 PM   #16
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bengan Quote
After a couple of days work I've rebuilt my storage structure using Lightroom as the file explorer (OK, thats a new for me, but it worked even though it's slow). Your post gave me the incentive to do this, thanks.
Well done! Yes, it can be a little slow using Lightroom that way, but it works. Glad to hear you got something useful from this. It's good to know I wasn't the only one who needed to tidy up their storage strategy!

---------- Post added 12-02-2015 at 09:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kath Quote
Persistence is an underrated personality trait, Mike . Once I get knee deep into this, I may need to get in touch for some helpful hints.
Sure thing, Kath. If I can help, let me know

QuoteOriginally posted by Kath Quote
I definitely relate to going in and finding good shots you forgot about. I call it "couch photography." When I'm too comfortable sitting by the fire to go out and shoot, I click through Lightroom and find new stuff to process.
"Couch photography" - ha ha Today was a couch photography day, Kath - cold and miserable outdoors (here in the North East of England). I had a "Single in December" challenge photo to take which ended up being an indoor shot, but other than that my only photographic activity was sorting through my back catalogue some more. It seems I've taken more keepers than I thought

By the way, I took a look through your website - great stuff indeed, you've captured some wonderful images. Sauvie Island looks like a beautiful place to live, and a wonderful location to document. Thanks for helping me visit this lovely spot

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-02-2015 at 02:16 PM.
12-02-2015, 03:34 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
By the way, I took a look through your website - great stuff indeed, you've captured some wonderful images. Sauvie Island looks like a beautiful place to live, and a wonderful location to document. Thanks for helping me visit this lovely spot

Thanks, Mike. I really enjoy the work. Building the website on my own has been a great way to learn some new skills. It's still in progress... I have to re-link my new, still evolving, gallery to a sale site. Slow going, but fun. The Island is a wonderful place and has helped me find my niche.
12-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My problem has been taking too many varying ideas regarding Lightroom organization and trying to patch them together. I end up with a half baked attempt in which I cannot find specific images without great effort--missing the entire point of LR.

I've gotten out the whip and at the end of the day (or week) I'll hopefully be finished rehashing my images in a actually useful manner.

Thanks for sharing