Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2008, 06:09 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Pentax Photolab 3 - raw to jpeg problem

hi all.

i have just started shooting in Raw with the K10D and am using the bundled software to view the raw shots. i can mod the photo's - saturation, exposure etc - with no problems, but when i try to save the image as a high quality Jpeg, the save mode "freezes". the green bars fill up until it hits 50% saved, but then just sits there and won't continue. i've tried several compression levels of Jpeg and the same thing happens everytime - it just hangs as soon as 50% is reached.

has anyone found this? and was there a solution found? i'm using a PC, Windows XP and more than 40GB free on the HD. being largely software/ hardware illiterate, not sure what to try.

many thanks, jason.

06-27-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

try upgrading to the newest version and see if it fixes your problem
Pentax Imaging - Software & Firmaware Updates
06-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Try uninstalling the software first and then reinstall it. After the reinstall update the new installation with the newest version of Photo lab and photo browser 3 that should fix your problem. It sounds like there is a corrupt file and doing this would fix your problem.
06-27-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
thanks very much, guys. will try it tonight.

06-28-2008, 06:25 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Uninstall and reinstall.

The upgrade is mosty adding support for the 55-300 lens and other additions in the exif data for settings on the K20/200.

Hopefully before I die, they will make the windows more compact if nothing else. Oh, and fix "maintai" in the cropping window, and add a dust-spotting feature, and...