Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-04-2016, 02:34 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just wanted to let you guys know I decided to go for that screen calibrator, what a difference it made! My screen was way too warm, so a few of my cooler photos are a tad on the blue side. Better late than never, now I don't have to worry about that at least.

Thanks for all the help!

01-05-2016, 02:01 PM   #17
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been using the DataColor Spyder products for years. The most critical calibration operation is that for your screen. It's nice to be able to calibrate your printer, but it is time consuming and may not produce any better profile than that available from the paper manufacturer. Calibrate your screen and print using the colour profile supplied by the paper manufacturer for the paper and printer you are using. Be sure to turn colour management OFF on your printer and specify the profile to be used in your printing software when you print.

SpyderPrint does allow you to tweak the profiles which is nice; but I just recently played with one profile, producing about 5 or 6 different versions of the profile and still not being happy with it. The manufacturer's profile was more neutral in its shades of black and white and just as good. Mind you, I'm picky enough to keep on playing, but it can be expensive in terms of paper and ink. Now, if you can't find a profile for the particular paper and printer you are using, then there is a need for a device like SpyderPrint.