Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-08-2015, 07:57 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Four versions old, Elements 14 is selling new for under $100 CAD at BH. Seems reasonable...
As far as comparing it to the latest, the student version of Premiere + Photoshop Elements 14 is $89.99 at staples. You're a youngin aren't you?

12-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #17
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use PS CS2 and CS6, and usually prefer (except for noise reduction) CS2--I prefer the simpler interface. I use it mostly for camera raw, various edit transformations (skew, perpective, warp, etc.), manual lens correction, curves and printing.
12-08-2015, 11:26 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I would say no. Too many versions old. I went v6, v9 (I think for ACR to recognize my then latest body), v11, and v13. I forget the exact reasons I upgraded but there were some. There were a couple good $50-ish for new sales that may come around again.
I thought the OP posted in #5 it was PS5 or PS6? Isn't he referring to the same version that comes with CS5 or 6? Or does Windows in Canada have different versions than Mac in U.S.? The real value would be in the PS, not Elements.
12-08-2015, 11:58 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I use the free CS2 a lot, but SilkyPix Pro 6 is my favorite. I think the combination of the 2 is just about perfect. Try a free download trial https://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/special/dsp6/

12-09-2015, 06:44 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
I thought the OP posted in #5 it was PS5 or PS6? Isn't he referring to the same version that comes with CS5 or 6? Or does Windows in Canada have different versions than Mac in U.S.? The real value would be in the PS, not Elements.
The Canadian versions are good down to -40C, but otherwise they're the same.

I think he was using PS5 and PS6 to date the software, Elements 10 came out between these two releases.
12-09-2015, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #21
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
There's no way to know if the owner uninstalled their copy, is there? If they didn't; perhaps another person could not use this, because of the serial numbers.
If the original owner registered them in their Adobe account, then I wouldn't touch them.. as it is apparently a headache to transfer the licenses to another Adobe account. Headache in having to fill out forms and then have the original owner fill out the forms, send in to Adobe and wait and hope they approve the transfer. Then one can only transfer software (total transfers of all software on your account) 3 times IIRC.

I'd just spend the extra and get the latest versions from a store. Besides, you'll get the latest Adobe Camera Raw, the camera shake plugin for Premiere, and the 64bit build of Photoshop Elements for windows if you are on a Windows system. Version 10 didn't have those things.
12-09-2015, 08:41 AM   #22
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
I use the free CS2 a lot, but SilkyPix Pro 6 is my favorite. I think the combination of the 2 is just about perfect. Try a free download trial https://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/special/dsp6/
I cannot find any pricing on SilkyPix Pro 6, without ordering it! Why can't they list the prices so that you can see them, before placing them in the cart? I had checked to show pricing in USD, and when I "ordered" it, the price did not come up in USD. Sites such as this is frustrating that you cannot find the price without jumping thru the hoops. I don't like to use free trials before I know the price.

12-09-2015, 09:02 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote

I think he was using PS5 and PS6 to date the software, Elements 10 came out between these two releases.
Wow, was I misreading this. Thank you for the clarification! Understanding now that it's not PS (non-Elements) and Premiere Elements, but rather just Elements 10 (both for Photoshop and Premiere), I would agree that a used copy for that price is not worth the risk (compatibility and/or serial # issue) and an older version. Better long term value to get a new Elements 14 if he doesn't need the big brother PS.
12-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
As far as comparing it to the latest, the student version of Premiere + Photoshop Elements 14 is $89.99 at staples. You're a youngin aren't you?
Yes.

Yes

I don't really need it anyway, just wondering.

---------- Post added 09-12-15 at 09:52 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
If the original owner registered them in their Adobe account, then I wouldn't touch them.. as it is apparently a headache to transfer the licenses to another Adobe account. Headache in having to fill out forms and then have the original owner fill out the forms, send in to Adobe and wait and hope they approve the transfer. Then one can only transfer software (total transfers of all software on your account) 3 times IIRC.

I'd just spend the extra and get the latest versions from a store. Besides, you'll get the latest Adobe Camera Raw, the camera shake plugin for Premiere, and the 64bit build of Photoshop Elements for windows if you are on a Windows system. Version 10 didn't have those things.
Good, probably won't get anything then.
12-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I cannot find any pricing on SilkyPix Pro 6, without ordering it! Why can't they list the prices so that you can see them, before placing them in the cart? I had checked to show pricing in USD, and when I "ordered" it, the price did not come up in USD. Sites such as this is frustrating that you cannot find the price without jumping thru the hoops. I don't like to use free trials before I know the price.
I don't blame you. Their website is kinda difficult to find things.