Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
CS5 sequence images into one ... how to?

Sorry about the title, I had no other way to explain my query:

I have about 35 successive shots of the moon during the last eclipse but each single one of them was framed right smack into the centre of the frame.
Meaning: I moved the camera each time I took a shot so that each image would be right in the centre.
So, image 1: centre of the image,
Image 2: centre of the image, and so on .... until the last one.

Now I would like to place then all into ONE single image .... side by side, in diagonal, whatever.

Is this possible?
I saw this: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/309626-night-super-bl...n-eclipse.html
but I am quite sure the photographer did not, as I did, place each shot in the centre of the frame, or did he???

Anyone brave enough to suggest "something" ?

Thanks!

JP

12-23-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Should be possible using layers. One image in each layer and then moving each one around to follow the curve the moon travels. Probably a bit fiddly to get the curve right and the background and stars would cause some grief I imagine unless each layer was cropped to just the moon.
12-24-2015, 06:30 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I would venture to say no as it appears the photographer may have had the camera in a timed sequence singular position and then stacked the photos. As mentioned you could use layers. You could try using the Magic Wand tool to delicately crop and copy the moons sequence using layers to position them onto a single layer
12-30-2015, 03:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you have any earth-bound objects in your image (tree, horizon, etc), you could try to align each image via common land-based objects.

Or you just try to use what Oldbayrunner suggested. That's actually what I did in the past because I had too much zoom. I essentially created one background image without the moon, created a panorama, and then carefully layered and masked each moon image to create a nice panorama.