Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 130 Likes Search this Thread
11-21-2017, 05:49 PM   #421
Veteran Member

I am planning to generate profile for K-3 and K-1 to be used in RT. I read this How to create DCP color profiles - RawPedia

RT documents says to photograph the color chart under two light conditions: "CIE Standard Illuminant D65" and "CIE Standard Illuminant A".
For "CIE Standard Illuminant D65", can I use 6500K CFL bulbs? I have not seen blue sky in weeks so thought of using CFL instead of waiting for sunlight :-).

12-21-2017, 01:47 PM   #422
Pentaxian

Original Poster
UPDATE!

I've attached a set of experimental PP3 files. Don't throw away your previous PP3 files just yet. I'm using an ICC profile that's installed in RawTherapee. It tones down the reds, pinks, magentas. There are times when the reds & pinks seem to be a bit too saturated and/or going towards the magenta side of things.

There are still some older PP3 files attached to this thread if you want to compare them.

Well, give these new PP3 files a whirl & see what you think.

Last edited by The Squirrel Mafia; 04-30-2018 at 11:52 AM.
12-29-2017, 08:36 AM   #423
Pentaxian

Original Poster
By the way, for those that also like to use DxO at times, they are currently giving a free serial for the Film Pack 5 collection that has a bunch of nice emulations. It works alone and also adds a few more options in DxO 11 if you have that installed. Just visit this thread here in the price watch forum. I think it's good until 2017-12-31. Basically 3 more days.
01-09-2018, 02:21 PM   #424
Pentaxian

Original Poster
UPDATE!

I've attached a set of new PP3 files. I revised the tone curve & other NR settings.

There are still some older PP3 files attached to this thread if you want to compare them.

Download them & try them out.

01-27-2018, 05:15 AM - 1 Like   #425
Veteran Member

Hello,
here is a scan thanks to Pentax K-1 (Pixel Shift on RawTherapee with Sigma 50 macro) of a picture made with my Leica R8, Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60/2.8 on TriX @ ISO400 (developped according to method Jules Steinmetz) in July 2008.
I used similar The Squirrel Mafia's curve but inverted to convert negative to positive image. Then autolevels, RL Deconvolution sharpening method fixed radius at 0.60, spot WB plus BW desaturation On, Contrast On, Demoisacing Pixels Shift . Then I used PhotoShop to work on levels and finished it in Lightroom to make it better than original print I made nearly ten years ago. I think I can do better with this method in certain aspects...
thanks for watching and thanks to the community of RT...

Cambodia, Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60/2.8 on TriX @ ISO400 scan with Pentax K-1.
01-27-2018, 06:59 AM   #426
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by teiki arii Quote
Hello,
here is a scan thanks to Pentax K-1 (Pixel Shift on RawTherapee with Sigma 50 macro) of a picture made with my Leica R8, Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60/2.8 on TriX @ ISO400 (developped according to method Jules Steinmetz) in July 2008.
I used similar The Squirrel Mafia's curve but inverted to convert negative to positive image. Then autolevels, RL Deconvolution sharpening method fixed radius at 0.60, spot WB plus BW desaturation On, Contrast On, Demoisacing Pixels Shift . Then I used PhotoShop to work on levels and finished it in Lightroom to make it better than original print I made nearly ten years ago. I think I can do better with this method in certain aspects...
thanks for watching and thanks to the community of RT...

Cambodia, Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60/2.8 on TriX @ ISO400 scan with Pentax K-1.
What do you mean "scan thanks to k-1"? Do you mean analog to digital by taking a photo of the original with the K-1 or what? Sorry if this is obvious to others.
01-27-2018, 08:17 AM   #427
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
What do you mean "scan thanks to k-1"? Do you mean analog to digital by taking a photo of the original with the K-1 or what? Sorry if this is obvious to others.
Hello Mikesul,
you are right, I am not explicite. I took a photo with Leica R8 and Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60/2.8 ten years ago. I developped it and made a print myself thanks to photo enlarger (Tri-X film) at that time. Yesterday, I digitalized/scanned the negative (Tri-X film) with the Pentax K-1 and Sigma Macro 50mm F2,8 EX DG lens to make a digitalized negative Pixel Shift DNG file. Then I worked on it thanks to RawTherapee, PhotoShop and Lightroom.
By the way, I can print it with a modified piezzo printer from any computer without using a conventionnal enlarger...

Last edited by teiki arii; 01-28-2018 at 04:54 PM.
01-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #428
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the clarification. It is nice to see how well using the K-1 works. The confusion was that scanning is done with scanners which is a very different process from digitizing with a camera. I have been considering experimenting with using the the K-1 to do that so I appreciate your post.
01-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #429
Veteran Member

It's my first attempt, but result is encouraging. I have to work on it...
02-01-2018, 07:11 AM   #430

Where is link for profiles?

Hello Squirrel Mafia, I am sorry, I am absolutely new to RAW processing and stumbled onto this page of RT profiles. In your original post of 1/5 I see only one link for "DNG profiles AKA.DCP" the 3rd zip file. I do not see the links for the original 1st and 2nd zip files. Am I missing some thing? Also, there are some profiles also in some posts by others. Are they just modifications to your profiles or totally different profiles and should also be downloaded. Do they download into the same folder where your profiles reside? Thanks.
02-01-2018, 08:19 AM   #431
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ju1234 Quote
Hello Squirrel Mafia, I am sorry, I am absolutely new to RAW processing and stumbled onto this page of RT profiles. In your original post of 1/5 I see only one link for "DNG profiles AKA.DCP" the 3rd zip file. I do not see the links for the original 1st and 2nd zip files. Am I missing some thing? Also, there are some profiles also in some posts by others. Are they just modifications to your profiles or totally different profiles and should also be downloaded. Do they download into the same folder where your profiles reside? Thanks.
All you need are the latest profiles that I have uploaded.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/32-digital-processing-softwa...-01-09-pp3.zip
^ This is the direct link for the latest PP3 files that I uploaded on 2018-01-09. Use these to start editing your images.

Attachments - PentaxForums.com
^ This link has a list of everything that has been uploaded to this thread. You can try other ones.
02-01-2018, 02:52 PM   #432
Veteran Member

Digitalized with Pentax K-1 thanks to Pixel Shift mode, RawTherapee and Sigma Macro 50/2.8 DG EX.

Cambodia, Leica Summicron-R 50/2, 1/15s @ 2.8 with Leica R6, Tri-X @ ISO400, 2008. Digitalized with Pentax K-1.
02-02-2018, 01:46 PM   #433
Pentaxian

Original Poster
UPDATE!

Here's my latest set of PP3 files. I'm playing around with some NR settings. Instead of using L*a*b* noise reduction, I'm testing out RGB noise reduction.

Download them & try them out.

02-02-2018, 09:10 PM   #434

I am sorry, I am total novice at this stuff. The above zip file, 2018-02-02pp3.zip, is this the processing profile? There are two folders in this zip. One is non-pixel shift and the other is pixel shift.I don't think these are the profiles.If they are, then which folder of the two is for stable version of RT? or is it?
02-02-2018, 09:54 PM   #435
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ju1234 Quote
I am sorry, I am total novice at this stuff. The above zip file, 2018-02-02pp3.zip, is this the processing profile? There are two folders in this zip. One is non-pixel shift and the other is pixel shift.I don't think these are the profiles.If they are, then which folder of the two is for stable version of RT? or is it?
Yes they are the correct files. If you don’t have pixel shift, you can forgo that file. Unzip the folders and save them in a file you will remember. Then go into RT and link the files. (There is good instructions at the beginning of this thread)
Closed Thread