Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2018, 06:14 PM   #436

Thanks again. The reason I said that these are not the profile files was: In the first post of this thread in instructions it says "How do they work? As you can see, there is a folder in zip file called AMAZE. The amaze demosaicing algorithm has produced the best results for me". Pixelshift and non-pixel shift are the only two folders and inside these folders there are no files or folders named "amaze". Anyway what i did is: copy & paste both the extracted folders named "2018-02-02 non-pixel shift and 2018-02-02 pixel shift" to the profiles folder by going to My PC -- c: -- program files -- RawThearapee -- 5.3 -- profiles. Is this correct? Do I need to do something else to "link" these profiles?

And where is the link for "DNG files AKA>DCP" the third zip file. I don't see it in the first post of this thread. I really appreciate your help.

02-05-2018, 11:09 AM   #437
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ju1234 Quote
Anyway what i did is: copy & paste both the extracted folders named "2018-02-02 non-pixel shift and 2018-02-02 pixel shift" to the profiles folder by going to My PC -- c: -- program files -- RawThearapee -- 5.3 -- profiles. Is this correct? Do I need to do something else to "link" these profiles?

And where is the link for "DNG files AKA>DCP" the third zip file. I don't see it in the first post of this thread. I really appreciate your help.
Yeah. That's pretty much all you have to do. Place those profiles in there & when you start RawTherapee, they should be available in the Processing Profiles selection menu. The other option is to place them somewhere else & then you can load them manually from the Processing Profiles section by looking for the folder where you have placed them at. It's a bit more effort to do that. I'm too lazy to manually load them all the time & that's why I usually install them into the program folder.

Don't worry about those DCP files. What you have is good enough. It has been about 3 years since I stated this thread & a few things have changed. Whatever recent posts I'll have in this thread will usually contain whatever you need.
02-05-2018, 11:18 AM   #438
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
@jul1234

As explained here, the profiles (which are "personal profiles" in the RT sens) should be put in

%LOCALAPPDATA%\RawTherapee\profiles

where %LOCALAPPDATA% is your windows' user profile AppData folder, e.g. C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\RawTherapee\profiles

You can then start RT and see that the profiles (which can be organized in subfolders) are directly accessible. You can also ignore the bundled profiles by opening the Preferences window, select the Processing Profiles tab, and uncheck the Use bundled profiles checkbox. Restarting RT may be necessary, don't know.
02-15-2018, 03:04 AM   #439
Pentaxian

I see new RT version has support to Lensfun profiles. Are they better in principle compared to the *.lcp files, or it is just an occasion to get profiles for some lenses for which no .lcp exists (of course the quality of each single profile matters, but remember some DXO claims that Adobe profiles are really basic ones)? I cannot check it myself as Lensfun is already offiline for some server migration.

02-15-2018, 07:51 AM   #440
Veteran Member

I do not know if .lcp files can be used with RawTherapee, can't be? I can use this kind of files with Iridient Developer software anyway...
02-16-2018, 05:28 AM   #441
Pentaxian

Both work in RT and I checked one more time and have to say that lensfun data is appended in RT 5.3 and see some interesting lenses on the list. This includes some M -series ones, so it might be very useful. I have some own "profiles" for vignetting of my lenses wide or close to it using "Flat Field" option, so when combined with distortion correction from Lens Fun one might get really good starting point also for older manual lenses.
02-16-2018, 05:28 AM   #442
Pentaxian

Both work in RT and I checked one more time and have to say that lensfun data is appended in RT 5.3 and see some interesting lenses on the list. This includes some M -series and A-series ones, so it might be very useful. I have some own "profiles" for vignetting of my lenses wide or close to it using "Flat Field" option, so when combined with distortion correction from Lens Fun one might get really good starting point also for older manual lenses.

03-22-2018, 08:42 AM - 3 Likes   #443
Pentaxian

Original Poster
UPDATE!

As noted in another thread, RawTherapee 5.4 is out. My favorite thing now is the automatic tone curve that gets very close to the camera's jpeg brightness. That is a major step forward. Less hassles & no more second guessing the tone curve. This means that all my future PP3 files will now work with any camera you desire. Doesn't matter if it's a Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus, Pentax, Samsung, APS-C, full frame, m43, 1" or whatever. It will figure out the closest "correct" tone curve automatically. You can either keep the same exposure, reduce it a bit, or overexpose it a bit. Heck, if you're not happy with the automatic tone curve, you can modify the tone curve or even apply your own tone curve as well.

If you haven't downloaded 5.4, you can get it by clicking HERE.

So with that in mind, I have also uploaded a new set of PP3 files that will make good use of that automatic tone curve. There are some other noise reduction settings & stuff that I have changed since the last time. Mind you that these PP3 files are meant to be used with RawTherapee 5.4. Your image will look "flat" if you use an earlier version of RawTherapee.

You can always browse the attachment thread for older PP3 files. Just click HERE to browse through all the attachemnts.

Have fun!

Last edited by The Squirrel Mafia; 04-30-2018 at 11:52 AM.
03-23-2018, 02:32 AM   #444
Veteran Member

Hi The Squirrel Mafia,
thank you very much for everything. I am downloading the software this week end.
Do you know how Pixel Shift Dynamic Mode works? Will the Process be included in RT?
Best regards.

PS: what is AppImage version?
PS2: I have just tried the new release (RT5.4)... This upgrade is a very big improvement! RT 5.4 is a must have!!!!! Thank you so much!

Last edited by teiki arii; 03-23-2018 at 05:37 AM.
03-23-2018, 07:12 AM   #445

QuoteOriginally posted by teiki arii Quote
Do you know how Pixel Shift Dynamic Mode works?
What do you mean by Pixel Shift Dynamic Mode?
03-23-2018, 08:07 AM   #446
Veteran Member

It is the new PS mode of Pentax K-1 II...
03-23-2018, 08:20 AM   #447
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by teiki arii Quote
Hi The Squirrel Mafia,
thank you very much for everything. I am downloading the software this week end.
Do you know how Pixel Shift Dynamic Mode works? Will the Process be included in RT?
Best regards.!
My guess is that it should work the same as the regular tripod pixel shift. I guess we'll find out when it's finally released.
03-23-2018, 08:23 AM   #448
Veteran Member

Cross fingers...
03-23-2018, 08:29 AM   #449
Pentaxian

Original Poster
^ Even then, I'm quite certain that heckflosse would be able to tweak a few lines of code to get it to work properly if necessary.
03-23-2018, 04:01 PM - 1 Like   #450
Veteran Member

Pixel Shift Dynamic is... to be well balanced, a pure marketing operation. It can be enabled while shooting handheld, but moving the sensor by one pixel in this situation given the size of the sensor's pixel just makes me LAUGHING OUT LOUD. I'd like to see an example where you have better resolution, as less noise doesn't count.
Closed Thread