Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 130 Likes Search this Thread
10-11-2018, 08:47 AM   #541
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Related to this subject is Ricoh Digital Camera Utility 5 (DCU5) that I originally wanted to use to transform the output files. While I have failed after several attempts to get it to run under Crossover Linux using various Window OS versions and bit options, with and without various Windows "enhancements" such as .net, the "c drive" directory structure is built the same in each instance. Within that structure are two files:
AdobeRCB1998.icc
sRGB Color Space Profile.icm
The first inference of these to me is that all Pentax cameras for which DCU5 is intended have the same profile [Can this be true?]
The second is that these files might be useful with RT

Can any RT guru's shed any light on this topic?

Thanks

10-13-2018, 02:46 AM   #542
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The lensfun DB location is set at compile time through the "-DLENSFUNDBDIR:PATH=..." cmake command line option, or in your config folder, you can edit your options file manually and look for the [LensFun]/DBDirectory parameter.

QuoteOriginally posted by kaseki Quote
The first inference of these to me is that all Pentax cameras for which DCU5 is intended have the same profile [Can this be true?]
The second is that these files might be useful with RT
PDCU only provide the 2 most common choice for output profiles (AdobeRGB and sRGB). RT should show them in the output profile combobox + many other. For input profile, the raw file embed color matrix to get something usable. Unless PDCU embedd the per camera input color profile (which I doubt), you'll have to create your own one.

---------- Post added 13-10-18 at 10:56 ----------

You can also look for LENSFUNDBDIR here for additional notes.
10-16-2018, 07:29 PM   #543
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am presently, as time allows, delving into the well-written and seemingly exhaustive manual for RT that I found at: http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/RawPedia.pdf

I'll save further questions until I'm convinced that they aren't already answered in that volume.
10-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #544
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a question that occurred to me yesterday as I'm using RT to edit my Single in October image of the day: What's the easiest way to merge two pp3 files?

For example, I wanted to use Squirrel Mafia's ISO-specific pp3s with the right level of noise correction, but I also wanted to use his Punchy Tone Curve pp3 on the same file. I suppose one way to do it would be to load the first pp3, use the CTRL+copy (attributes?) button at the top right, select the subset of adjustments I want. Then load the second pp3, and then paste the first set on top. I think that should work, not overwriting the unselected attributes, correct?

10-17-2018, 11:53 AM - 2 Likes   #545
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It's quite easy, Make sure the "processing profile fill mode" button is "released". This way, the only changes that happen are the ones inside the PP3. If it's not released, everything will default to normal again, removing any previous settings or PP3 files. The image below shows you. You want the green one.
Attached Images

Last edited by The Squirrel Mafia; 02-11-2019 at 10:53 AM.
10-18-2018, 04:23 AM   #546
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
It's quite easy, Make sure the "processing profile fill mode" button is "released". This way, the only changes that happen are the ones inside the PP3. If it's not released, everything will default to normal again, removing any previous settings or PP3 files. The image below shows you. You want the green one.
Danke. I didn't have a chance to look at that last night, but I'll try it out at first opportunity.
11-07-2018, 06:45 AM   #547
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One consistent problem I'm having in RawTherapee is with the tone and saturation of reds. It's been obvious this fall because my kids' soccer team had red jerseys. Here's two pictures from this weekend's hike at the local lake. First one is in RT, second is Lightroom 6. To me the LR image looks better, although I didn't explicitly try to match the two in post. The saturation is higher and the tone/color is shifted in the RT image. The greens don't look oversaturated. I know I enabled HDR tone mapping in RT, but I'm sure that's not the problem. I had the same thing going on with reds in post #527 earlier in this thread.

Any ideas about why this might be happening and how to fix it? I have dynamic profile matching set up, so that I use SquirrelMafia's pp3 files matched to ISO range. Then I usually tweak to preference from there, often with the punchy tone curve, but not always.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
11-07-2018, 08:09 AM - 1 Like   #548
Pentaxian

Original Poster
^ Have you tried using the K-50 DCP file from Lightroom? It will reduce the reds a bit more. It will be in the AppData folder that's hidden. The file should be called PENTAX K-50 Adobe Standard.dcp or something like that.

The type of tone curve used in the exposure tab will also affect the. The manual curves that I have use the Standard setting. Try using the Film-like curve.
11-10-2018, 11:33 AM   #549
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
RawTherapee

I don't know why but this app is constantly freezing up on me. I can't use it.
11-10-2018, 12:10 PM   #550

QuoteOriginally posted by brightseal Quote
I don't know why but this app is constantly freezing up on me. I can't use it.
Which version did you try?
11-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #551
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by heckflosse Quote
Which version did you try?
RawTherapee 5.4
11-10-2018, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #552

QuoteOriginally posted by brightseal Quote
RawTherapee 5.4
You may try a nightly build. There have been fixes for freezes since 5.4.

Download RawTherapee development builds - RawTherapee - discuss.pixls.us
11-12-2018, 05:37 AM   #553
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
^ Have you tried using the K-50 DCP file from Lightroom? It will reduce the reds a bit more. It will be in the AppData folder that's hidden. The file should be called PENTAX K-50 Adobe Standard.dcp or something like that.

The type of tone curve used in the exposure tab will also affect the. The manual curves that I have use the Standard setting. Try using the Film-like curve.
Got it. CH curve under L*a*b adjustments. Use the color picker and adjust the curves. Not as intuitive as LR, but I think it'll work.
11-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #554
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Asking @The Squirrel Mafia or anyone else with experience - what's your take on using developmental builds? I played a little with the newlocallab build a month or so ago, but it didn't do what I wanted so I got rid of it. But it didn't crash. Now I'm starting to play around with the build with new shadows/highlights and at first glance it looks much improved. Like the files of my kid in the red shirt above, I got immediately better results with the new shadows tool. I'm thinking about just using this version regularly.

Is there any word on when the next stable release will come out and what it will include? 5.4 was March, correct? I should probably poke around on the RT forums.
11-13-2018, 02:19 PM - 2 Likes   #555
Pentaxian

Original Poster
They usually have the latest & greatest code in them. If they don't crash on you, they usually will work pretty great & give you new features as they come out.

The best thing to do is to actually compile your own version. I do it on Windows.

Windows - RawPedia

^ The instructions are there. It seems like it's a lot, but it's not. It becomes a no brainer once you kind of figure it out.

I compile a build once a week. Once I got it all set up, I basically use 7 lines of code to build a new one every time. Then I copy the files from the previous build into the new build, without replacing the new files. I skip the old files that want to overwrite the new files.

Linux - RawPedia

^ These are the instructions for Linux. Haven't done it on Linux yet.
Closed Thread