Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-09-2016, 10:58 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Moving Files in Lightroom

I'm moving my files to a new hard drive and while doing so, trying to clean up my file structure. I'm using Lightroom to move the files, maintaining my catalog, but I want to move some files from a subfolder up to a higher folder in the same chain. Can someone tell me how to move an individual photo as opposed to an entire file? I use a mac.

01-09-2016, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I might misunderstand what you want to do, but you should be able to select individual pictures in the library module and move them in another folder of the library tree.
01-09-2016, 11:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yep, click on the foler in the left panel, then select the photo in the center gallery display and drag/drop in the new folder.

Just FYI (and I'm sure you know this) but make sure the photo directory structure and name is the same on the new drive and Lightroom just loads up like it never moved.
01-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #4

Moving Photos in Lightroom

Select the photos you want to move. Move mouse pointer to folder you want to move them to. Right click, "Move select photos here". Lightroom will move them to the new location.