Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2016, 05:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Lightroom problem

I bought a used HP laptop last year and it has Lightroom downloaded on it. The problem is, every time I insert a flash drive, it opens up Lightroom! Very aggravating, as I have to go through all the necessary steps to close it before I can continue with my work. So.... my question to any of you computer gurus out there is.... how can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks for any help you can give me, but let me say in advance, I'm as dumb as a post when it comes to things pertaining to computers, so if you would.... please keep it as simple as possible and don't use a lot of acronyms that I might not be familiar with.

01-31-2016, 05:38 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Go to Control Panel, choose Hardware and Sound, then AutoPlay - you can then select what happens when a removeable drive is added
01-31-2016, 05:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Go to Control Panel, choose Hardware and Sound, then AutoPlay - you can then select what happens when a removeable drive is added

Wonderful! Thanks Big Mack.
01-31-2016, 10:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lightroom also has a setting in preferences to auto run when a card is inserted. Uncheck that.

01-31-2016, 10:45 AM   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Lightroom also has a setting in preferences to auto run when a card is inserted. Uncheck that.
Good idea. Actually, I *think* that alters the same setting accessed by going into AutoPlay within the Control Panel... not sure, but I think these are two different ways of accessing the same option...
01-31-2016, 11:07 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You might be right I turned that off as soon as I installed Lightroom years ago.
01-31-2016, 12:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Now, all I've got to do is learn Lightroom! I've yet to try it, believe it or not.