Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
03-02-2021, 08:54 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
LR has default profiles for the 35mm f/2 and the three FA LTDs.

Personally I find lens profiles have little use if you know your way round a decent photo editor.

---------- Post added 03-02-21 at 07:57 PM ----------

Latest version of LR has profiles for the 15-30 and the 24-70 (which is I think the lens you mean)

Lens profiles for the SMC 50mm 1.7 ? Pentax 50mm lenses (like most 50's) require no profiles
I checked before I posted, no updates for LR6. How old is the 'latest version of LR' with these profiles - ie how likely is it that these are still working their way through the Adobe product range?

(yes, 24-70 DFA, yes not fussed about a profile for the 50/1.7 but I'll take it if it exists.)

03-03-2021, 01:07 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GeeEmm Quote
I checked before I posted, no updates for LR6. How old is the 'latest version of LR' with these profiles - ie how likely is it that these are still working their way through the Adobe product range?
I use LR Classic, which is part of Adobe creative cloud. Version 10.1.1

Is LR6 (stand-alone version) still supported by Adobe ? You may be able to add the new profiles to LR6, I am really not sure.
03-03-2021, 03:11 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No , LR6 is not supported by Adobe.
I still use LR5.7 , the support finished ~ 2014.
I can not see much point going into the cloud with LR although I do have iCloud storage space , that probably came with Acrobat Pro licence.
And I do have available for install LR Mobile and LR Desktop Classic , not sure if they are included free or just Demos.
03-03-2021, 04:52 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
I can not see much point going into the cloud with LR although I do have iCloud storage space
Adobe creative cloud (or cc for short), is the "wrapper" from where you download and install any products you have subscribed to. For LR there are two versions.... Lightroom and Lightroom Classic. They are identical except for the fact that with LR Classic you don't need to store anything in the "cloud". It installs on your pc and all your edits are stored on your pc.

03-03-2021, 10:33 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

(yes, 24-70 DFA, yes not fussed about a profile for the 50/1.7 but I'll take it if it exists.)
The way to update the last standalone version, LR6.14, with the latest lens profiles is to download and install Adobe DNG converter. It contains the DFA15-30 and DFA24-70 profiles and Lightroom uses the same data structure as the DNG converter to access these once installed.

There was a lens profile creator utility from Adobe which involved photographing specific geometric targets and running the resulting images through the profiler. That was how the user generated profiles were produced which could be downloaded by the Adobe lens profile downloader. Unfortunately it was only a 32 bit application which never got updated to 64 bit and struggled with the memory requirements of K1 images.
03-03-2021, 12:22 PM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by steephill Quote
The way to update the last standalone version, LR6.14, with the latest lens profiles is to download and install Adobe DNG converter. It contains the DFA15-30 and DFA24-70 profiles and Lightroom uses the same data structure as the DNG converter to access these once installed.
This ^ ^ ^

That said, my copy of of LR 6.14 on Win 7 has trouble finding the files. I found I had to copy the lens and camera profiles from C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw to the Adobe tree for my user profile directory (C:\Users\stevebrot\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw).

Steve
03-06-2021, 02:13 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have downloaded the DNG converter, I'll have to copy them across to LR too because as of today, they aren't showing.

However while in LR I removed all the unwanted Pentax profiles so there is no need to scroll through that long list anymore. Next step will be to remove all the non-Pentax camera brands. Note: they haven't been deleted, just moved to a new sub-directory where LR can't find them, but I can.

The other thing I did was to enable the in-camera lens profiles. Pretty happy with the lack of distortion at 15mm here:

(Enlighten, National Portrait Gallery last night)

03-10-2021, 05:08 AM   #23
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I'm being inherently lazy here and wonder if anyone knows where I can find/lift profiles for my "Ladies" in the Harem.

Just would like to see what kinda differences it would actually make and to what degree to my imagery.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 03-10-2021 at 02:48 PM.