Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
02-16-2016, 11:23 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Is there A Pentax Lens Profile Database for Lightroom?

I know you can create custom lens profiles in Lightroom, but I was wondering if someone had already compiled lens profiles for Pentax lenses and put them together in a database? I remember looking for one once and couldn't find it. I'm not looking for any lens in particular, but I do have a lot of older Pentax lenses and would love to be able to quickly and easily apply corrections. Thanks for any help!

02-16-2016, 01:52 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are quite a few in this thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/61-post-processing-articles/112707-adobe-...troom-3-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-25-2018, 03:52 PM   #3

Since the release of the full frame Pentax K-1 a lens profile database would be very useful I feel.

Does anyone know what's happened to the adobe lens profile downloader at all, I cannot find it, someone (Adobe) said it was bundled with the lens profile creator, which I downloaded but I cannot see it in here either.

I would like profiles for the FA 50mm F1.7, F 28mm 2.8, FA 35mm F2 & FA* 85mm F1.4 & a few other older lenses but that's just me, I'll bet between everyone, that if a lens profile database for every Pentax lens made existed, then each profile would prove useful to someone.

Cheers

Last edited by StationX; 01-25-2018 at 04:11 PM.
01-30-2018, 09:43 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by StationX Quote
Since the release of the full frame Pentax K-1 a lens profile database would be very useful I feel.

Does anyone know what's happened to the adobe lens profile downloader at all, I cannot find it, someone (Adobe) said it was bundled with the lens profile creator, which I downloaded but I cannot see it in here either.

I would like profiles for the FA 50mm F1.7, F 28mm 2.8, FA 35mm F2 & FA* 85mm F1.4 & a few other older lenses but that's just me, I'll bet between everyone, that if a lens profile database for every Pentax lens made existed, then each profile would prove useful to someone.

Cheers
I think the downloader is now essentially bundled with camera raw, and is being limited to supported profiles. Also I think it only provides access based on your version of ACR.

Based on this forum thread, it seems that all you have to do to install custom profiles is copy them to the appropriate folder on your system:
Adobe lens profile downloader? |*Adobe Community

Not sure though, as I haven't had a need for custom profiles (also I was pretty sure all the FA profiles were already included in PS; can check when I get back on my PC).

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-05-2018, 03:42 AM - 1 Like   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think the downloader is now essentially bundled with camera raw, and is being limited to supported profiles. Also I think it only provides access based on your version of ACR.

Based on this forum thread, it seems that all you have to do to install custom profiles is copy them to the appropriate folder on your system:
Adobe lens profile downloader? |Adobe Community

Not sure though, as I haven't had a need for custom profiles (also I was pretty sure all the FA profiles were already included in PS; can check when I get back on my PC).
Hi Adam,

Thanks for that handy link to adobe, I will have a more intense look at this later.

I believe the profile file has the extension .LPC and these profile files are not unique to Adobe, so in other words most other photo editing software can use these files.

I have been thinking that this site already has a fantastic lens database which gives information and reviews of every lens available to fit a Pentax camera.

Given that I would like to ask, would it do any harm to add in, to the top of each of these lenses pages in the database, a link to a download for that particular lenses profile file?

I think that this could add to the Pentax Forums site's already highly useful lens database, making it more useful than ever before.

Cheers.

Last edited by StationX; 02-05-2018 at 03:48 AM.
02-05-2018, 11:46 AM - 1 Like   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Hi Adam,

Thanks for that handy link to adobe, I will have a more intense look at this later.

I believe the profile file has the extension .LPC and these profile files are not unique to Adobe, so in other words most other photo editing software can use these files.

I have been thinking that this site already has a fantastic lens database which gives information and reviews of every lens available to fit a Pentax camera.

Given that I would like to ask, would it do any harm to add in, to the top of each of these lenses pages in the database, a link to a download for that particular lenses profile file?

I think that this could add to the Pentax Forums site's already highly useful lens database, making it more useful than ever before.

Cheers.
I'd like to open that idea to further community discussion, as it would certainly be a nice resources for lenses that don't have official profiles.

Adam

02-05-2018, 10:31 PM - 1 Like   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

also I was pretty sure all the FA profiles were already included in PS; can check when I get back on my PC).
I am up-to-date through the DNG converter and the three FA limiteds are the only FA profiles bundled by Adobe through that route.

Steve

02-06-2018, 02:24 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I am up-to-date through the DNG converter and the three FA limiteds are the only FA profiles bundled by Adobe through that route. Steve
I also have found that the only FA lenses I can find are the three limited lenses, not even the still available FA 35mm F2 or FA 50mm F1.4 lenses are included!

I'd like to open that idea to further community discussion, as it would certainly be a nice resources for lenses that don't have official profiles.
Would this mean starting a new thread on the subject, including perhaps a vote on whether to add profile files into the lens database or not?

Given the multitude of lenses that are available for Pentax that do not have profiles in photo editing software, I think it could be incredibly handy and could possibly attract hundreds of new users to the site to include .lpc file downloads in the lens database. Thanks
02-06-2018, 09:11 AM - 1 Like   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I checked mine and indeed, the Limiteds are the only FA lenses listed by default, other than FA 645's. I must have download profiles for the others!

Adam

02-06-2018, 09:54 AM - 1 Like   #10

I checked mine and indeed, the Limiteds are the only FA lenses listed by default, other than FA 645's. I must have download profiles for the others!
I take it you will have downloaded these using the Adobe Profile Downloader, which is no longer accesable unless you buy or rent Adobe Photoshop, this for me and probably a good few others is a problem as I can't find any of them anywhere else.

Do you have any of the ones I am looking for?

I may PM you an email address to send them to if you wouldn't mind.

Once I have the profile files I know it's just a simple case of dropping them into the correct folder to be able to use them.

Now if these profiles were attached to the Lens reviews in the lens database then this problem would be resolved for everyone...
02-06-2018, 09:59 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I take it you will have downloaded these using the Adobe Profile Downloader, which is no longer accesable unless you buy or rent Adobe Photoshop, this for me and probably a good few others is a problem as I can't find any of them anywhere else.

Do you have any of the ones I am looking for?

I may PM you an email address to send them to if you wouldn't mind.

Once I have the profile files I know it's just a simple case of dropping them into the correct folder to be able to use them.

Now if these profiles were attached to the Lens reviews in the lens database then this problem would be resolved for everyone...
I'd love to have the profiles as well (especially the FA 50 1.4). I agree that using some form of an organized database would really be helpful.
02-03-2021, 04:09 AM   #12

Any update

Just got K1 sigh... now looking for FA profiles... any idea?
03-02-2021, 02:38 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am in for this, particularly for the DFA 15-30 and 28-70. I am also using the old SMC 1.7 50mm,

I use LR6, and the FA/DFA profiles are, as stated above, very limiting (sorry!). The idea of including a profile, or a link, on a lens review is worthy of a Nobel Prize!
03-02-2021, 12:53 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mactrash Quote
Just got K1 sigh... now looking for FA profiles... any idea?
LR has default profiles for the 35mm f/2 and the three FA LTDs.

Personally I find lens profiles have little use if you know your way round a decent photo editor.

---------- Post added 03-02-21 at 07:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by GeeEmm Quote
I am in for this, particularly for the DFA 15-30 and 28-70. I am also using the old SMC 1.7 50mm,

I use LR6, and the FA/DFA profiles are, as stated above, very limiting (sorry!). The idea of including a profile, or a link, on a lens review is worthy of a Nobel Prize!
Latest version of LR has profiles for the 15-30 and the 24-70 (which is I think the lens you mean)

Lens profiles for the SMC 50mm 1.7 ? Pentax 50mm lenses (like most 50's) require no profiles
03-02-2021, 02:55 PM   #15
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
LR has default profiles for the 35mm f/2 and the three FA LTDs.
Yep...four lenses for which little correction is needed, but also the same four FA lenses that have in-camera correction available too.

Steve