Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #1

Transporting Lightroom Info to New Catalog

I'm moving all my photos to a portable HDD as they're currently spread across two computers. My problem is I want to maintain the catalogs I have on the computers and generate a new one for all the photos located on the HDD. Essentially I want to be able to edit the photos from the camera without the HDD present. My issue is that while I can load all the photos in to a new catalog I haven't been able to maintain the settings and 'snapshots' previously created.

How do I carry this information across catalogs? Is this information stored in the DNGs? Is it best to export the images as DNGs than just copy them from their loactions on the computers?

07-05-2008, 11:46 PM   #2

Original Poster
Wait, I figured it out by exporting catalogs and then importing them all into one.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
catalog, computers, dngs, hdd, information, photography, photos, photoshop