Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Lightroom camera profile?

Hi All, why can't I see my Pentax K3-2 camera calibration profile in Lightroom6.3? My only options are embedded, and Adobe Standard. My camera lens profile seems to work fine though.

02-29-2016, 04:03 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
My only options are embedded, and Adobe Standard.
That sounds right. I don't believe that LR provides camera-specific profiles for the K-3II or most other Pentax cameras. That doesn't mean that your camera is not supported. Check the version of Adobe Camera Raw. K-3II support (pixel-shift included) began with ACR 9.1.1 (July 29, 2015).

Steve
02-29-2016, 04:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That sounds right. I don't believe that LR provides camera-specific profiles for the K-3II or most other Pentax cameras. That doesn't mean that your camera is not supported. Check the version of Adobe Camera Raw. K-3II support (pixel-shift included) began with ACR 9.1.1 (July 29, 2015).

Steve
Do you think Adobe will support the camera eventually?
02-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
Do you think Adobe will support the camera eventually?
They do, that is what Adobe standard is, their profile for use with that camera. There have never (to my knowledge) been any camera specific profiles for Pentax in Lightroom.

The embedded one is what comes from the camera. If you build your own, with something like the xrite passport then those would show up there as well.

---------- Post added 02-29-16 at 03:16 PM ----------

With the k-5 the embedded was clearly better than the Adobe one. With the k-3 I think the Adobe is just as good, maybe better. I use a home built one but to be honest the Adobe one is very good. (IMHO)

02-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you really want something other than the included profiles...

Huelight Pentax Camera Profiles
02-29-2016, 04:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok thanks. Would have been nice to have all the options of the built in presets, but that's fine. Really like the Lightroom after Aperature. Aperature just seem seems dated.
02-29-2016, 07:07 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
If you really want something other than the included profiles...

Huelight Pentax Camera Profiles
Second this. It may not give you perfect accuracy like doing a custom one with the XRite will, but they're great for controlling the overall character of the image.

03-01-2016, 05:47 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
If you really want something other than the included profiles... Huelight Pentax Camera Profiles
I have been using these for a while now and am quite pleased. Ironically last night was the first time I had to use 'embedded' instead of the huelight profile as huelight was rendering a series of portraits too pink. Most of the time they are a very good starting point.
03-02-2016, 12:18 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks all. Which Denoise software do you prefer? Nik's Define, or Topaz Denoise?
03-03-2016, 05:57 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Topaz denoise, but mostly because of topaz remask - sometimes you want to vary the nr to retain details.