Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2016, 01:49 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Eye-Fi Pro to Nvidia Shield tablet for Photoshop Processing

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Since the K-50 has no tethering abilities currently(my sadness was truly great when I found this out), I've been looking for other options of getting my photos to my tablet for processing without having to turn the camera off, take the SD card out, insert into dedicated reader attached to tablet, download, eject card, re-insert in camera, turn it back on.

The only one I've seen so far is the Mobi Pro Eye-Fi card series that is supposed to create a dedicated network and directly send the photos straight to the tablet. I've read a few of the reviews on the card and they seem to be rather up and down based on a few qualities and some nit-picking so I'm hoping there's a few of you who have experience with this card and can offer some input before I drop $100 on it haha.

03-02-2016, 08:08 AM   #2

Hi, I found the WiFi transfer speeds terribly slow between my Ks2 and Sony Xperia tablet. I bought one of these cables and now transfer pictures directly from camera micro USB to tablet micro USB. Can't guarantee it'll work on your nvidia but is worth a try for £1!
DYNAMODE 10 cm USB Female to Micro USB On-the-Go Cable - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A9Q03FW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_1bW1wbJFE81RD
03-02-2016, 03:06 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leecue Quote
Hi, I found the WiFi transfer speeds terribly slow between my Ks2 and Sony Xperia tablet. I bought one of these cables and now transfer pictures directly from camera micro USB to tablet micro USB. Can't guarantee it'll work on your nvidia but is worth a try for £1!
DYNAMODE 10 cm USB Female to Micro USB On-the-Go Cable - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A9Q03FW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_1bW1wbJFE81RD
Which Mobi Pro card did you use? There's the X2 and the new one that is just called "Mobi Pro".
03-03-2016, 06:07 AM   #4

The KS2 has built in wifi

03-03-2016, 06:37 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Rai93 Quote
Since the K-50 has no tethering abilities currently(my sadness was truly great when I found this out), I've been looking for other options of getting my photos to my tablet for processing without having to turn the camera off, take the SD card out, insert into dedicated reader attached to tablet, download, eject card, re-insert in camera, turn it back on.

The only one I've seen so far is the Mobi Pro Eye-Fi card series that is supposed to create a dedicated network and directly send the photos straight to the tablet. I've read a few of the reviews on the card and they seem to be rather up and down based on a few qualities and some nit-picking so I'm hoping there's a few of you who have experience with this card and can offer some input before I drop $100 on it haha.
Are you wanting the RAW transfer ability of the Eye-Fi Mobi Pro or would just the JPG transfer ability of the Eye-Fi Mobi work for your needs?
03-04-2016, 03:22 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hawkeye Quote
Are you wanting the RAW transfer ability of the Eye-Fi Mobi Pro or would just the JPG transfer ability of the Eye-Fi Mobi work for your needs?
RAW definitely, how well does the card transfer, speeds and such. I've heard the new Mobi Pro doesn't have a continuous delete like the X2 does but I don't know if that's true.