Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2016, 01:24 PM   #1

Plug in for Lightroom Pentax K s-2

Hello everybody
I've had the opportunity to shoot some images of the Milky Way for which I'm seeking support on editing the raw files
While all my friends have completed their edits in Lightroom I'm still struggling to figure out a solution.
I did try using the Ricoh imaging software from the cd I received with the camera, however it is too basic
Does anybody have a plug in for the Pentax k- S2?

Thanks,
Sanjay

03-12-2016, 01:47 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Sanjay. Welcome to the Pentax forum. Many members here are excellent with PP, ( I am not one of them !! ) so sit back and wait for all the replies.
03-12-2016, 02:02 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

The K-S2 should be fully supported in LR 6.1 (ACR 9.1) or higher. Support includes both an Adobe Standard profile and ability to use Pentax embedded profile. There may be third party import profiles as well, though I was unable to find evidence of any.

Steve
03-12-2016, 02:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Lightroom doesn't need a plug-in for the K-S2, unless you want to shoot tethered or something.

K-S2 has been fully supported in Lightroom CC 2015.1 and Lightroom 6.1 (and Camera Raw from v9.1) since June 2015.

To process your images, just load your images into Lightroom as DNG/PEF, and start working.

There are lots of tutorials on the web to guide you:

How to Process Milky Way Astrophotography in Adobe Lightroom – Lonely Speck

03-12-2016, 03:04 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your photography now that hopefully your issues are resolved.
03-12-2016, 04:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! K-S2 is a nice camera. Set it to raw (Info) and dng (in Menu)
QuoteOriginally posted by Skd5509 Quote
I did try using the Ricoh imaging software from the cd I received with the camera, however it is too basic
Really? Its quite complex and powerful imo. Lightroom is not much better, just easier to use (sightly worse with Pentax colors), from what Ive seen

Anyway, update your Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) to the latest version that you can.
You can use the free Adobe DNG converter to maximize compatibility, but K-S2 dng files should be directly compatible,
03-14-2016, 02:33 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Welcome! K-S2 is a nice camera. Set it to raw (Info) and dng (in Menu)

Really? Its quite complex and powerful imo. Lightroom is not much better, just easier to use (sightly worse with Pentax colors), from what Ive seen

Anyway, update your Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) to the latest version that you can.
You can use the free Adobe DNG converter to maximize compatibility, but K-S2 dng files should be directly compatible,
thanks guys
i decided to stick to the editing software of Ricoh software
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156642299020181&set=a.101510458302...type=3&theater