Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-19-2016, 03:39 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

On1 Effects 10 Free

Just a FYI: another freebie from On1: On1 Effects 10 Standard Edition - Free

https://www.on1.com/apps/effects10free/

QuoteQuote:
Effects 10 Standard Edition - Free includes a select number of stackable filters, presets, borders, and textures from ON1 Effects 10 to help create your style. Whether you're adding a finishing touch from Lightroom® or if Photoshop® is just too complicated, ON1 Effects 10 Standard Edition - Free is the perfect choice for you.
Features:
https://www.on1.com/apps/effects10free/feature-list/

Works standalone, but also as a plug-in to:
- Photoshop, Elements, Lightroom, Aperture.

Win/Mac versions available

I haven't installed this yet, since I am not into such fancy effects, but I've used ON1 freebies before. They are fun to explore. Note: Internet connection required for activation, but I don't think the app installs any ongoing copy protection library.

Windows download is about 280MB.

03-19-2016, 04:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I Got It.

I got it and they are pretty good. I've been able to get some nice shots using it.
03-19-2016, 05:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's a really nice program. I had the free version for a while and bit the bullet in the full suite when I had some spare bucks come my way. It's very nice, and there are some excellent, effortless effects that can be made. It's got gimmicky stuff, too, but don't discount it for that. It can be used in a classy way!
03-20-2016, 03:34 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well worth downloading. Thanks for the tip

03-20-2016, 03:43 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Downloaded thank you. Very clever the way that the free version doesn't have all the presets featured in the tutorials. May have to upgrade for that landscape folder.
03-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Downloaded thank you. Very clever the way that the free version doesn't have all the presets featured in the tutorials. May have to upgrade for that landscape folder.
The landscape settings are nice. It's all stuff you can figure out by adding one filter at a time, and all the filters are totally customizable. You can totally make it your own, and even save your own presets. I highly recommend watching the basic Effects tutorial on the On1 website. It has some good tips and tricks.

Another good thing that I've discovered after buying the full suite is that they send out free preset packs every month! Sometimes it's a complete set and sometimes it's just a small sample of a set they have for sale. It's good stuff.

https://www.on1.com/learn/?s=effects&search=Search