Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2016, 09:24 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I have a W7 desktop and Linux Mint laptop, so neither can run both DT and Nik. Since you have a Macbook then you may be able to. However, DT is pretty much a self-contained package which doesn't communicate with any other software, so you'll probably just have to do what you want with DT then convert to tiff and import.

03-25-2016, 09:42 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clockworkrat Quote
I have a W7 desktop and Linux Mint laptop, so neither can run both DT and Nik. Since you have a Macbook then you may be able to. However, DT is pretty much a self-contained package which doesn't communicate with any other software, so you'll probably just have to do what you want with DT then convert to tiff and import.
Gotcha,
Thanks again for all the great info!
03-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #18
Pentaxian

If I were you, I'd try an evaluation copy of Capture One 9.

Great image quality out of the box and much better colour control than LR. Much more flexible interface as well.
03-26-2016, 06:59 AM   #19
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
long-time Mac user here - currently using a 2014 Mini as my primary machine...

I use LightZone as my primary editor and cataloguing application, and Macphun's Creative Kit for anything more intensive/creative...