Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2016, 11:26 AM   #1

OEM CISS photo printers: Has anyone tried the epson L800 or L1800?

has anyone tried the epson L-800 or L1800? these are continuous ink supply printers produced by epson that uses 6 different inks (one black pigment only). they are available in southeast asia and other countries. The system uses original epson inks, and are relatively cheaper compared to cartridges. around $12-13 for 70ml refil per color. Independent test (wilhelm research) shows decent fade resistance when framed in glass (around 17 years) compared to most 3rd party ink suppliers (1 year). Any first hand experience from these printers will ne highly appreciated, as well as inputs from members who print their work. thanks.

03-26-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I have an L800, its good printer but im not being able to make a good print mostly due paper or profile, the printer insist on using his own paper profiles...

I bought Epson paper, horrible results, maybe the paper was old or something, then i bought Canon Paper result were good, above the ones of waltmart but i want more, then i bought paper from B&H dont remember the brand right know.... And the print were even better on metallic and matte.. Then $#! happens windows 10 upgrade himself, the "old" epson printing software stop working, a new version of the program appears but i cant make the printer make the same quality print they used to make... I give in, and stop printing, but i gonna make a new round againt the printer next week to see what happens....

Good printer, bad user skills to make a print, maybe another user with better experienxe can help both of us