Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2016, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #16
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
Great. Thanks. That's good info.

Are there any other edits that are best done before going from LR to Nik?
I adjust the following in Lightroom before using any plug-ins:

White Balance
Exposure
Contrast
Blacks / Whites
Highlights/ Shadows
Clarity
Vibrance
Color Noise Reduction (always the default 25 for me - I find LR6 colour noise reduction to beat any of the other apps & plug-ins hands down)
Luminance Noise Reduction (zero if I'm going to use Dfine 2 - otherwise adjusted to suit)
Sharpening (zero if I'm going to use Sharpener Pro: RAW pre-sharpener, otherwise adjusted to suit)
Lens Corrections (lens profile corrections, horizon and verticals and distortion fine adjustments)
Camera Profile to ensure colour reproduction is accurate

I also crop in LR6.

Once I've got these right, I move on to the plug-ins or Photoshop Elements, if required (often, I just stick with my LR6 developed image and leave it at that)

Last edited by BigMackCam; 03-27-2016 at 03:30 PM.
03-28-2016, 11:50 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just downloaded the now free Nik suite of plug ins and have yet to use them. The plug ins I currently have is software I use when I can't adjust it in Lightroom or easily do in Photoshop or want a particular effect. I find Lightroom very capable and it does well over 90% of my PP needs. I subscribe to CC and I rarely use Photoshop but it's nice to have when I need it (and yeah, I have to take out one of Kelby's books when I do use it). I have a couple of ON 1 plug ins which don't get used much and I probably won't use the Nik Suite much either but for free, why not?
03-28-2016, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I probably won't use the Nik Suite much either but for free, why not?
That's kinda my view too.