Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
yeee haw! There are at least three of us on this forum that use DxO!

M
I use DxO as well. It brings out the best in all my lenses, especially the 18-135.

(I don't have a K-S2 so I didn't chime in earlier )

04-03-2016, 07:45 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MPrince Quote
I use DxO as well. It brings out the best in all my lenses, especially the 18-135.

(I don't have a K-S2 so I didn't chime in earlier )
I think there are many of us who use it. The only way to judge a raw processor is to download the trial and try it with your own files. Looking at other people's photos can tell us very little about anything but the user's taste and skill.
04-03-2016, 08:34 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I think there are many of us who use it. The only way to judge a raw processor is to download the trial and try it with your own files. Looking at other people's photos can tell us very little about anything but the user's taste and skill.
Au contraire, looking at the best images other people files tells you what you can reasonably hope to accomplish. A lot of these sites, I go to the sites and look at their example photos, and I think, "not my style", or, "I do just as good with what I use." And no, I'm not going to download every piece of software out there and try them all out. There's too many, it's a ridiculous proposition.

Seriously, if I haven't seen something that stands out, I'm not going to even try their software. I doubt anyone else will either. Don't get me wrong, I'm still using Apple Aperture, so at some point, I have to upgrade. It's not like I'm not in the market. But I still have to decide why I wouldn't just go the obvious route and go to Lightroom. A bunch of words just isn't going top cut it.
04-03-2016, 10:11 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I happen to agree with this assessment.
And for what it's worth I'd hazard a guess that 10% of this forum use DxO.
But deniers gonna deny no matter what... :P

Michael

P.S. there are a ton of sample images processed in DxO "out there" -- one would need to make the effort to do a little search though.