Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-25-2016, 09:39 PM   #1

Problem removing chromatic abberation in Photoshop

I want to use the lens correction feature, however the chromatic aberration check box is greyed out. I've entered the lens and camera info, but this box is not available for the correction. How is this problem overcome?

06-25-2016, 09:44 PM   #2

Maybe your lens is not in the database
06-25-2016, 10:12 PM - 1 Like   #3
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Something like this:
Create new layer. Create new mask for that new layer. Change that new mask to colour. Gaussian blur that new mask with a 15 pixel radius.
Should fix fringing.

Last edited by FozzFoster; 06-25-2016 at 10:35 PM.
06-25-2016, 10:13 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PhilRich Quote
I want to use the lens correction feature, however the chromatic aberration check box is greyed out. I've entered the lens and camera info, but this box is not available for the correction. How is this problem overcome?
You can still manually make corrections. Assuming you're in camera raw, clikc on the manual tab, check the checkbox, and optionally use the sliders to fine-tune the corrections.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-26-2016, 05:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

It is recommended you update your software to the latest version. Older ones might not include the lens and camera. that you have. And manual lenses generally don't have lens profiles, as well as some third party lenses.
Also, it is better to use a dedicated photography software for edits like that. Lightroom or SilkyPix or Aftershot pro or FastStone. Many of these have large databases of camera and lens profiles, which can be applied very easily
06-26-2016, 11:53 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Something like this:
Create new layer. Create new mask for that new layer. Change that new mask to colour. Gaussian blur that new mask with a 15 pixel radius.
Should fix fringing.
http://youtu.be/dixMfNcVu-E
I like the video, easy to use.