Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2016, 07:35 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Android Pktriggercord support needed

Hi everyone,

I am trying to tether my K10D from my Samsung Galaxy S3 with Pktriggercord but I always get the following message:
Error:java.net.connectException: failed to connect to localhost/127.0.0.1 (port 8888) after 3000ms: isConnected failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)

It does not even wait 3000ms to show the message.

I have searched the net for a solution but, found noting.

So, could anyone that had this problem and got it fixed help me?

Help will be greatly appreciated,

Regards,
Pierre

07-08-2016, 08:31 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It appears that pktriggercord is attempting to operate in server mode and is unable to open a network socket for that purpose (or something to that effect...not knowing app architecture, it is hard to tell). Are you running pktriggercord as root? OTG cable?

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 07-08-2016 at 09:28 AM.
07-08-2016, 09:49 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It appears that pktriggercord is attempting to operate in server mode and is unable to open a network socket for that purpose (or something to that effect...not knowing app architecture, it is hard to tell). Are you running pktriggercord as root? OTG cable?

Steve
Hi Steeve,

Thanks for your reply,

I am trying to run the camera through an OTG cable with the app in question. The app should detect the camera automatically on starting.

Does that answer your question, if not what do you mean by running as root?

Pierre
07-08-2016, 10:33 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pdophoto Quote
Does that answer your question, if not what do you mean by running as root?
According to the requirements, you must have root access, meaning that you have so-called super-user privileges. The usual user account on your phone does not provide that privilege. To get it, the phone must be "rooted" to allow creation of super-user accounts. As you might guess, this is outside the normal use intended by the phone maker and your mobile provider.

Steve

07-08-2016, 01:08 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks Steeve,

I'll try my best to get Super-User privilege

Pierre
07-10-2016, 04:03 AM   #6
Pentaxian

What version number of pktriggercord are you using ?

I had the same error, also with a k10d, and if you are quick you will see an earlier error regarding not being able to save to the android device.

If you're root on the device then it's a file-system bug that Andras the developer fixed in the latest version.Use the version from here...
pkTriggerCord

(Do not use the sourceforge version)

Presumably you can bring up the pktriggercord settings screen... what is selected as the save destination ?
From what I recall from the previous version the error only happens once you take a shot and then the app freezes.

for the newer version, from the Pktriggercord page...
QuoteQuote:
The pictures are stored in /mnt/sdcard/pktriggercord. You can check the picture using RawDroid.
Output directory can be changed in Preferences
The last line is the important one.

Edit, just remembered I have an S3 somewhere...I will dig it out and try it with the K10d when I have a moment.

Last edited by bobD; 07-10-2016 at 04:10 AM.
07-12-2016, 08:12 AM   #7

Original Poster
Hi Bob,

Sorry for the late reply, I have other priorities these days.

I am using the version you suggest: PkTriggerCord-0.84.00-debug.apk

The following photo shows the screen I get instantly at startup.

The S3 sees the camera and expect to load the photos from it but it is independent form the apk....................????????????

07-12-2016, 01:37 PM   #8
Pentaxian

I found my S3 and used KingoRoot to root it from my win7 laptop using the second method in the link below....
https://www.kingoapp.com/root-tutorials/how-to-root-galaxy-s3.htm

(Pktriggercord needs the device to be run as root user. Once the phone is rooted you will see a pop-up showing KingoRoot granting superuser privileges to pktriggercord when you start it.)

For the K10D check the file transfer setting...
Menu=>Set Up=>Transfer Mode=>PC

Connect the K10D to the phone using an OTG cable and then switch on the camera and start Pktriggercord.
As images are saved to the sd-card on the phone you don't need a card in the camera.

Worked fine first time here.

When Pktriggercord is open you can use the phone's menu to access Pktriggercord preferences and set where to save images.

The file explorer app is my preference for navigating to the image folder on the phone..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx&hl=en

and RawDroid for viewing them...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anthonymandra.rawdroid&hl=en

Be aware that rooting your phone is not without risk...do some research and decide if you want to proceed...( depends if this is your main phone or a spare for experiments ?)
I have used KingoRoot twice now to root a Tablet and then the S3 and both instances have been smooth and without error. YMMV
07-12-2016, 05:01 PM   #9

Original Poster
Hi,

I tried many times the kingo app on the phone like you suggested and got error 0x1B29C2.

I also tried their PC app, didn't work. I've sent the company a request for help and I am waiting.

Don't worry about the warranty, the "phone" does not work on this device but everything else work. This is why it was given to me.

So many thanks for your support

Pierre
07-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #10
Pentaxian

The pc version worked for me.
On first connecting the phone Win7 needed to install drivers to communicate with the S3 and needed a reboot.
It took several tries to start KingoRoot and you need to be connected to the net to allow it to download and transfer data to your phone. Otherwise it worked exactly as the tutorial showed.

Try again with the phone in air-plane mode.
Your'e not using the OTG cable for this are you ? just the normal phone to usb cable is all that's needed.
Sounds like the pc is not seeing the phone or the pc drivers for the phone are not installed. Perhaps try a different usb port on the pc.

Has the phone been updated to latest stock version ? (From memory Dec 2015.... look in menu 'About Device"

You've enabled usb debugging ?
Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap 7 times Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging

also...https://www.kingoapp.com/root-tutorials/why-get-the-root-failed-connectionun...droid-root.htm

Last edited by bobD; 07-12-2016 at 05:45 PM.
07-13-2016, 01:51 PM   #11

Original Poster
OK I've succeeded to root the phone with: [SGH-I747/M] CF-Auto-Root | AT&T, Rogers, Bell, Telus Samsung Galaxy S III

Confirmation from SuperSU

BUT, Pktriggercord still does not connect to the camera. Same thing for Pentax and Samsung DSLR tethered capture in Android

So still looking for a solution.
07-13-2016, 03:23 PM   #12
Pentaxian

I have been through my S3 to see if I can suggest any settings that may be relevant but nothing seems so.

When you start Pktriggercord do you get any pop-up showing it has superuser privileges ? Is there a setting in the SU app that grants this on a per app basis ?

Perhaps uninstall then reinstall pktriggercord...

Are you certain that what you have is an OTG cable ?
07-13-2016, 04:07 PM   #13

Original Poster
I have confirmation from SU that it has privieges.

I also am using certain of using an OTG adapter between the phone and the camera cable.

I can transfer photos from the camera to the phone so, there is communication between them.

There must be something wrong in my system

I really would like it to work because I bought a tiggertrap cable to try shooting water drops. I hope this device will work.

Thank you very, very much for taking time to help me, it is greatly appreciated.

Well have good light and lots of fun taking pictures
07-13-2016, 05:14 PM   #14
Pentaxian

It would be interesting to know if Pktriggercord run from a pc is able to connect with the K10D and take shots ? Have you tried that ?

It would at least identify which device, camera or phone, is the problematic one...
07-14-2016, 04:55 AM   #15

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
It would be interesting to know if Pktriggercord run from a pc is able to connect with the K10D and take shots ? Have you tried that ?

It would at least identify which device, camera or phone, is the problematic one...
The windows program works perfectly.

The problem has to be in the phone. I think it is the root system that doesn't work to connect with the camera because I have the same problem with the " Pentax and Samsung DSLR tethered capture in Android" application from DNA.

Thank you for the info you PMed me

All the best