Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-07-2016, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #16

thanks all. I will try the turn off instead of reboot... I Have reloaded it 3 times, and am in run as Admin now, does not seam to hang up but it is running slow, as in I move a slider for say.... color and it takes 2-3 sec for the slider to actually move, I have sent off a measage to on1 see what they say.
any other suggestions are welcome.

09-07-2016, 07:24 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jevans Quote
thanks all. I will try the turn off instead of reboot... I Have reloaded it 3 times, and am in run as Admin now, does not seam to hang up but it is running slow, as in I move a slider for say.... color and it takes 2-3 sec for the slider to actually move, I have sent off a measage to on1 see what they say.
any other suggestions are welcome.
Hope you have more luck with tech support than I did! My situation seems better these days, but maybe I'm just used to it at this point...
09-08-2016, 10:13 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have some applications that tend to drag Win 10 Pro down to a crawl. Most respond to a combination of running as administrator and running the compatibility option. Some don't respond to anything, including my email client - Thunderbird - my next try with this is to switch the feed to POP3 from IMAP. I am coming more and more to the conclusion as well that leaving an Office 365 open interferes with anything that looks at the web.
09-09-2016, 06:59 AM - 1 Like   #19

windws tells me campatablity will be Vista, I will try it and see if it makes a diffrence .....We will see, their web site says there will be a delayed response due to the holiday. Good thing I use LR for most of my work. But I really like the haze removal tools, I will let everyone new if I here back from them

09-16-2016, 03:40 PM   #20

Ok,,, First, on1 has given me great support in trying to figure out why it is slow, first answer was reload, i think we have all heard that one,,, did it, they sent me a uninstall file,,, worked much better, not hanging but still slowwwwww, the next was my video driver was not good enough,, OK, my laptop is 4 years old but, I'm running an i5, 8gb ram, 256m video ram, 740g hard drive 750rpm, windows 10, and yes a monitor for photo work.. so it is not an old tired machine...Next when you save a file using PSD on1 does not flatten the layers like PS does, so your file sizes are anywhere from 250M to 400M, the more you do with it the larger it gets... So I'm going to try flattening them when I'm done, and if I need to do more then so be it.. I will see if it will make things faster ..Or I maybe just save them as a tiff...I'm not an expert in PC,s so this may do nothing. but worth a try, I have also read on another on1 blog a lot of complaints about file size and speed. They say they are working on it...
09-16-2016, 07:10 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
the PSDs are quite large (each filter creates a new layer...each preset adds multiple layers)...you are saving the PSD post processing?
if you are you might try using smart layers, I don't but it may make a difference

the new ON1 RAW will use some sort of virtual image to store edited files to reduce file size (so they say)

my PC is running an I7 processor with 16gig of ram with a 4 gig GPU...ON1 can use the GPU RAM...I am considering a bigger/faster GPU and going to 32gig RAM
I mention that because the ON1 app has used all of the resources allocated to it and at 80% things can slow down

the haze reduction tools are actually the reason I upgraded to 10...they were worth the price of admission
09-17-2016, 07:09 AM   #22

Haze is well worth the price, even if it slows down, You must have a desk top,,, unfortunately even if I upgrade to a newer laptop I wont get 32gig of ram.. But the real issue is the PITA of having to reload everything. So I will see if it works better by making the files smaller, If anyone gets the raw converter let me know if it makes a difference. Their support implied that if you went to on1 10 after the raw converter you wold still have to deal with the file sizes. WIll see