Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2016, 06:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adoramapix Acrylic Print - amazingly bad!

Took advantage of the 25% off print two weeks ago, figure would give them a try! and receive the print today.

It is unbelievable bad!

- a consistence, half circle (about 1 cm in diameter) scratches at least 6 places, at the back it appeared being punched by something and on the front, the scratches are reflective light.
- a black dot at the neck of portrait! no, the model doesn't have a mole!
- bad glue work and cut work at one of the edges, visible at the back and large reflective patches on the front!
- glue marking on most of the edges at the back (though not visible in front, it show the quality of the product!).

I have pictures to show all these and I already email them about it, but I am furious as they allow this kind of quality to ship out to customer! I wouldn't sent my pic to print over there anymore and will post all the issues I describe here if this didn't get resolve.
I am awaiting their reply, and certainly a timely re-produce of the piece, before I post the pictures showing all the things I describe.

There is no amount of furious I can describe after eagerly waiting for the Acrylic print to arrive, only to see such quality of workmanship!!

I know there is a adorama rep here, Helen, please take this seriously!

(brought most of my new Pentax stuff with Adorama... so disappointed with this incident!!! )

07-13-2016, 06:37 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Can you show us a pic? That sounds terrible - I'm sure they'll refund you though!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-13-2016, 06:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Can you show us a pic? That sounds terrible - I'm sure they'll refund you though!
I have 9 pics showing all the things I described and I will share all of them when this get resolved... I sent them to adoramapix as well. I just can't believe they allow this kind of workmanship to even leave the workshop!

while this is my first acrylic print, I don't believe this is what to be expected of an acrylic print! this is actually a wedding pic that I took for a friend w/ my Pentax 67 and as I seen it being delivered today while I still at work, my wife quickly scheduled a lunch with her tomorrow (and plan to surprise her of the gift).... where our friend and us both need to drive an hour to meet halfway. now we got back home and saw the quality, we can't even imagine giving her the gift! so furious!
07-13-2016, 08:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's sad. I'd give Posterjack a try. They have US and Canadian locations. I don't work for them or have any stake in this recommendation but I've tried their fine art prints and they're pretty good.

07-13-2016, 11:19 PM   #5
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Took advantage of the 25% off print two weeks ago, figure would give them a try! and receive the print today.

It is unbelievable bad!

- a consistence, half circle (about 1 cm in diameter) scratches at least 6 places, at the back it appeared being punched by something and on the front, the scratches are reflective light.
- a black dot at the neck of portrait! no, the model doesn't have a mole!
- bad glue work and cut work at one of the edges, visible at the back and large reflective patches on the front!
- glue marking on most of the edges at the back (though not visible in front, it show the quality of the product!).

I have pictures to show all these and I already email them about it, but I am furious as they allow this kind of quality to ship out to customer! I wouldn't sent my pic to print over there anymore and will post all the issues I describe here if this didn't get resolve.
I am awaiting their reply, and certainly a timely re-produce of the piece, before I post the pictures showing all the things I describe.

There is no amount of furious I can describe after eagerly waiting for the Acrylic print to arrive, only to see such quality of workmanship!!

I know there is a adorama rep here, Helen, please take this seriously!

(brought most of my new Pentax stuff with Adorama... so disappointed with this incident!!! )
Please email me; Helen@adorama.com with your order number plus a picture of the print and I'll get it replaced for you right away.
07-14-2016, 03:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Please email me; Helen@adorama.com with your order number plus a picture of the print and I'll get it replaced for you right away.
I appreciate you looking into this. I just sent you an email describing the problem.
I appreciate that you offer to replace this - but the time lost (and now we can't give it to our friend in today's meeting) and the disappointment when receiving it really leave a bad taste. I even put a "please take your time in producing this" in the note of our order...
07-14-2016, 04:12 AM   #7
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
I appreciate you looking into this. I just sent you an email describing the problem.
I appreciate that you offer to replace this - but the time lost (and now we can't give it to our friend in today's meeting) and the disappointment when receiving it really leave a bad taste. I even put a "please take your time in producing this" in the note of our order...
I understand your disappointment, and at this moment in time can only offer a deep and sincere apology for the appalling workmanship of the technician involved.

This is as unacceptable to us as it is to you; please be assured that not only will the practical issue of redoing your print be addressed as speedily as possible, but the technician's manager will deal with this per our usual internal procedures.