Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2016, 06:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How to batch move photos in lightroom from folder "old" to "new"?

Hi,

All my photos are currently located on the NAS in its own folder, for simplicity sake, let's call the root folder "old". There are many sub-folders (named based on the YYYY.MM.DD convention) in this root folder.

I want to move these photos to my local hard drive on the PC, and preserving the directory structure, to a new folder. for simplicity call this "new".

I know how to move individual folders from within Lightroom from one location to another...but I can't figure out to move a whole bunch of sub-folders at one go...could someone please help?

Thanks

07-24-2016, 06:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I am a simple soul so I just do it the old fashioned way. I move the folder where ever I want on the hard drive then, in lightroom, click on one of the now missing photos and ask lightroom to find it. You will have to tell it where to look and it should load the complete folder with all its sub-folders in one fell swoop.
07-24-2016, 06:57 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The key is using Show Parent...

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 9.56.19 AM.png
Views: 539
Size:  147.2 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 9.56.46 AM.png
Views: 488
Size:  79.4 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 9.57.25 AM.png
Views: 450
Size:  66.1 KB
07-24-2016, 07:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The key is using Show Parent...
Thanks. I guess what I need to do is to select "update folder location" and select the folder where i want to move to? It says "the selected folder or one of its sub folders is already in lightroom. Do u want to combine these folders?" which is weird...because I can confirm that there are no such folders in there....

07-24-2016, 07:54 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is the message I get when moving a folder or folders.

I don't know about the message you are getting. Update folder location might be appropriate if you have moved anything outside of Lightroom.
Attached Images