Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2016, 04:12 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Making Eye-Fi work best with the K-50.

I wasn't sure where to post this question, so I'm just placing here, feel free to place it somewhere better suited if you think best.

I've been using my K-50 with Eye-Fi cards for awhile now, basically just transferring pics from the K-50 to my Android phone, but it's pretty random when it comes to the success of the transfer. I've found doing things like starting the Eye-fi app on the phone kicks it up the backside (to start the file transfer), as well as simply opening the wifi settings and just staring at the screen hoping it toggles off my home wifi and goes onto the Eyefi.
Sometimes even when its connected to Eyefi it doesn't transfer, sometimes I have to shut the camera down and start back up again.

Basically it's a bit hit and miss for me, and I was hoping perhaps someone has had a similar experience and found a way to 'prioritize' the EyeFi feature? Do I really have to open the eyefi app everytime I want the two to communicate? Should I be looking at 3rd party apps, perhaps one that prioritizes the eyefi wifi over my home wifi?

Lemme know your experience with using Eyefi's with the K-50 and also whether the process is smoother on later K models that have skipped Eyefi entirely and are instead using in built wifi, is it better or similar problems persist?

Cheers,

Bruce

08-23-2016, 08:27 PM   #2
KDD
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-50 Eye-Fi Bundle - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com