Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Entropy Quote
I can confirm that the digikam 0.94 series works with the K20D - I use it for culling out really bad shots before going through stuff with ufraw.
GQView 2.1.5 is fast also works well for viewing and culling raw files before processing. I'm not sure if it would work with K20D raw files though.

07-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #17
Veteran Member

UFRaw Setup -- One more important piece.

The other key piece of info is that the gamma in UFRaw much be set correctly for whatever camera profile you are using. There's some info about that on the UFRaw website in the color profiling section. For the Bibble Pentax1 and Pentax3 profiles, the gamma needs to be set to 1.0.
07-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
PM sent and thanks!
07-28-2008, 03:40 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
PM sent and thanks!
Once you have the profiles and curves set up in UFRaw, also have a look at ufrb-kde ufrb-kde KDE-Apps.org

It will allow you to batch-convert a whole directory (of even multiple directories) at a time, once you have converted a representative image from the batch in the UFRaw GUI and made a *.ufraw ID file.

ufrb-kde was specifically written with the UFRaw CVS version of 0.14 in mind.

08-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by sajmmiller Quote
Like you, I was frustrated with UFRaw at first, but now I much prefer it over the other raw converters.
That's typical of many open source programs. A developer had an itch, so instead of designing it like every other app, they decided to do something different that they wanted.

E.g., I actually adopted StarOffice in the mid-'90s because of various issues I had with MS Office (lack of long-term document sustainment, as well as the availability of select importers -- like Ami Pro -- drove my consideration). So unlike most people new to OpenOffice.org (based on StarOffice), I know "Page Format/Layout" is under the "Format" menu (with "Paragraph" and other format options) and not "File." But I could see how things like that could frustrate people coming from MS Office, among other things.
08-28-2008, 04:51 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Just keep in mind, UFRaw is update released next week, which will support the k20D.
I have confirmation from Udi himself via email.
Patience for one more week! Im trying my best myself.
12-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #22

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As for latest ufraw, I use input color spaces from Pentax Photo Laboratory wine installation, namely ISL-ARGB1998.icc for AdobeRGB and ISL-sRGB.icc for sRGB color space. You can also use Color Matrix under color management tab of the ufraw but this produces slightly oversaturated output. Set gamma for 0.45 (1/2.2) and lineratity for 0.080

This should be it. I use linear curves for base and output curve.
12-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #23

Just as a slight detour, if you are interested in options, I use DNGConverter myself. I found it pretty easy to use, but it is likely not as feature rich as UFRaw.

Still, does the job for me.