Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2016, 01:32 PM   #1

ON1 photo 10.5 , anyone running this software

Just installed the suite. Seems to hang up all the time. So, the question is , anyone running this on windows 10, issues with speed, hanging etc if so did you resolve it..I have tried there support line, answer is the standard, reload, I have, 3 times, followed directions. verified my system is capable etc... There are some things I really like about this software, layers and effects. But if I cant get this hanging up resolved I will go back and request a refund..
thanks

09-03-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jevans Quote
Just installed the suite. Seems to hang up all the time. So, the question is , anyone running this on windows 10, issues with speed, hanging etc if so did you resolve it..I have tried there support line, answer is the standard, reload, I have, 3 times, followed directions. verified my system is capable etc... There are some things I really like about this software, layers and effects. But if I cant get this hanging up resolved I will go back and request a refund..
thanks
G'Day,

Have a look at this thread and talk with the OP about her experience: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/32-digital-processing-software-printing/3...esponding.html

I've been using On1 Photo 10 on Win 7 Pro 64bit and have, since going to the K-1, noticed it is slower than it was with K5 files. Typically what I find is it can hang up in Effects when I'm masking. I pause for a bit when this occurs, I use the masking view and find that inverting the mask and masking in has improved the speed of the program. In every instance the hanging up has resolved itself before I've finished working in Photo 10. I usually use the program from LR6 and return to LR6.

Other methods I've adopted is to go to 50% view and use a smaller brush when masking. I've not used Layers in a while so I've not had any hang ups in that module.

I'm a fan of the program and have been using the On1 Photo Suite since PPS6 so my tendency is to recommend persistence as the program is good and has improved a lot over the years I've been using it. I am worried that for the second time the help desk has not been of much help but hope you find a solution soon.

Good luck mate.

Tas
09-03-2016, 09:09 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have no problems with it on Mac.
09-04-2016, 06:37 AM   #4

Original Poster
thanks Tas fr the response, I like the software too. I will try the things you suggested, But these guys need to fix the hang up issue. not make us work around it. it is like anything else I guess if we complain enough someone will look at it..