Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

DCU 5 Hot Pixel Mapping for K10D?

Hi, I have used the search function, only found one antique thread not quite answering my question.

Just managed to use PDCU with the PEF files from my new old K10D.

My K10D has hot pixels (which the camera cant map). Other RAW developers have an option to remove these hot pixels. In PDCU there is an option to remove wrong colored pixels ("spurious color signal reduction"). It seems that the hot pixels cant be removed with that function from K10D PEFs during jpg export.

So I used PixelFixer to generate a map from the hot pixels which is then applied to the PEF files. Done this and using the "spurious color signal reduction" function, the hot pixels are gone from the exported jpgs.

So my question basically is, if this is the intended way because K10D cant map the hot pixels or if I just accidentally found a workaround for the combination of PDCU plus K10D? I havent found a dedicated function to remove hot pixels in PDCU. I have no other (newer) Pentax DSLR to check if the hot pixel removal for newer models is automatic in PDCU.

I can live with that workaround though, however, I consider to use a different RAW developer anyway. If I find one that doesnt blow me away with option and overcrowded GUI.