Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2016, 11:13 PM   #1

Anyone using Corel Aftershot 2?

I got this software as part of Paintshop Pro X8 and have been playing with it as an alternative to the Pentax (Silkypix) software I usually use to process the raw files from my K3. Overall I like the software and it's much, much faster than Pentax Camera Utility 5, which is great, but there seem to be a couple of problems and I'm wondering if anyone here can help.

The first is that saving the jpegs strips all the EXIF data, which is really annoying, especially not knowing which lens I've used. In the "metadata" tab I can see the EXIF, so it's not a case of the software not being able to read it, it just removes it when saving. Can this be fixed?

The second problem is that it automatically creates a .xmp file for each jpeg, even with the setting for that turned off (in the "General" section of the preferences). I then have to go through and delete them all when I've finished.

Any help with these would be much appreciated.

09-14-2016, 06:11 AM   #2
Forum Member

There is a check box for including EXIF info among the various settings options when exporting files in AfterShot 2. After selection EXPORT, a box opens with a number of options including METADATA. Click on Metadata and then check the box and it should include the EXIF info in the saved file. There also is a check box for imbeding XMP info.

• Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
corel aftershot, exif, help, pentax, photography, photoshop, software