Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-27-2016, 03:05 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On1 Photo RAW - First look video

With the release date getting closer for On1 Photo RAW, a couple of new videos posted to their website finally show what this program will look like and how it will function.

The first look video:

Comparo to Photo 10.5 video: ON1 Photo RAW – ON1, Inc.

I like the On1 products and have been using them for several years. Over that time I've seen them improve a lot and think the new program is worth considering for anyone looking to update their software or looking for an alternative. And being new I'm hoping they've been listening to those of us asking for Pixel Shift processing to give us an option that works better than Lightroom and won't require the generation of a TIFF or Jpeg like DCU.

The speed of the program looks good, but then like some others here I've had Photo 10.5 hang from time to time. If they've fixed that then this will be a brilliant option for RAW processing and cataloguing. IMHO, YMMV etc

Tas

09-27-2016, 04:00 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
With the release date getting closer for On1 Photo RAW, a couple of new videos posted to their website finally show what this program will look like and how it will function.

The first look video: ON1 Short Clip ? ON1 Photo RAW First Look - YouTube

Comparo to Photo 10.5 video: ON1 Photo RAW – ON1, Inc.

I like the On1 products and have been using them for several years. Over that time I've seen them improve a lot and think the new program is worth considering for anyone looking to update their software or looking for an alternative. And being new I'm hoping they've been listening to those of us asking for Pixel Shift processing to give us an option that works better than Lightroom and won't require the generation of a TIFF or Jpeg like DCU.

The speed of the program looks good, but then like some others here I've had Photo 10.5 hang from time to time. If they've fixed that then this will be a brilliant option for RAW processing and cataloguing. IMHO, YMMV etc

Tas
"This video has been removed by the user"
(at least this is what I get)
09-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Caver Quote
"This video has been removed by the user"
(at least this is what I get)
I can't explain that, maybe they changed the link as I found it gone too.

I went to the On1 Youtube page and whilst it wasn't there earlier it now appears there and can be viewed from this link: ON1 - YouTube

It's Titled: "ON1 Short Clip - ON1 Photo RAW First Look"

Some good news too is the suggestion to include Pentax Pixel Shift is 'under review'. That means it's not in the program but as of now it's not yet declined. It wouldn't hurt if PF members seeking this inclusion add their voices to the comments list for this entry too.

Tas

Last edited by Tas; 09-27-2016 at 05:21 PM.
09-29-2016, 12:12 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
I can't explain that, maybe they changed the link as I found it gone too.

I went to the On1 Youtube page and whilst it wasn't there earlier it now appears there and can be viewed from this link: ON1 - YouTube

It's Titled: "ON1 Short Clip - ON1 Photo RAW First Look"

Some good news too is the suggestion to include Pentax Pixel Shift is 'under review'. That means it's not in the program but as of now it's not yet declined. It wouldn't hurt if PF members seeking this inclusion add their voices to the comments list for this entry too.

Tas
Thanks!