Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-28-2016, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #1
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Polarr Pro photo editor - special offer in Windows Store

A couple of months ago, I heard about "Polarr", a photo editing application, from another member on these forums. I've been using the free version since then for quick processing of files when I'm just playing around and don't want to use Lightroom, and I really like it. It covers a lot of the main processing capabilities of Lightroom, but without the library management and advanced editing features. The paid version of the app, "Polarr Pro", is usually $19 (or £15) and unlocks access to the noise reduction facility as well as providing a wide range of preset filters and effects including film-type emulations.

Importantly, the software reads .DNG and a variety of other RAW formats (Sony .ARW for example), and seems to do a very good job on RAW conversion. Naturally, it reads JPEG too if that's your preference.

I had been considering buying the Pro version to use on my Windows tablet, and went into the Windows Store today to check the price. Well, it seems there's a special offer on for the next 5 days - you can buy it for £1.49 (not sure what the dollar price is). Obviously I bought it, and I've been playing around with it for an hour or so. It's brilliant... really very good indeed. In fact, I think it's worth the normal asking price, so at this discounted price, it's a steal.

I'm not affiliated to the authors in any way. I'm just a satisfied user, and thought you folks here might be interested. I suggest you download the free version first to see if it does what you want.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 10-28-2016 at 08:33 AM.
10-28-2016, 09:50 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
A couple of months ago, I heard about "Polarr", a photo editing application, from another member on these forums. I've been using the free version since then for quick processing of files when I'm just playing around and don't want to use Lightroom, and I really like it. It covers a lot of the main processing capabilities of Lightroom, but without the library management and advanced editing features. The paid version of the app, "Polarr Pro", is usually $19 (or £15) and unlocks access to the noise reduction facility as well as providing a wide range of preset filters and effects including film-type emulations.

Importantly, the software reads .DNG and a variety of other RAW formats (Sony .ARW for example), and seems to do a very good job on RAW conversion. Naturally, it reads JPEG too if that's your preference.

I had been considering buying the Pro version to use on my Windows tablet, and went into the Windows Store today to check the price. Well, it seems there's a special offer on for the next 5 days - you can buy it for £1.49 (not sure what the dollar price is). Obviously I bought it, and I've been playing around with it for an hour or so. It's brilliant... really very good indeed. In fact, I think it's worth the normal asking price, so at this discounted price, it's a steal.

I'm not affiliated to the authors in any way. I'm just a satisfied user, and thought you folks here might be interested. I suggest you download the free version first to see if it does what you want.
Thanks for the heads-up, with currenty exchange here (Mexico) is sold at $1.52usd equivalent
10-28-2016, 11:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use the mobile version on my iPad and iPhone and it is among the best I've seen.
12-05-2016, 11:12 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the info.

12-23-2016, 08:28 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's on sale in the Microsoft store now until January 10 for $6.99US, so I've downloaded it. Beyond the filters, which generally don't interest me, there's a nice selection of processing tools with helpful explanations and mini-tutorials built in. I haven't quite figured out the interface or tested it much, but it looks very promising.