Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2016, 09:27 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My main editing monitor is a dell ultrasharp wfp2007 ips. I would put it down to luck, but from a colour standpoint it matched prints from the local lab I use pretty well right out of the box. Calibrating did very little to the colours but did change the brightness, especially in the dark areas, so it was worth it (I use a Spyder3).

My second monitor is a random asus ips that changed noticeably after calibration.

Both are matte screens, I've never seen a glossy screen I liked. I clean them with 50% isopropyl alcohol and don't have any issue with streaking. ymmv

No glow around the edges of mine either, not that I've noticed anyway. I wouldn't purchase a monitor without seeing that model in person first.

11-13-2016, 10:14 PM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I looked at Dell monitors but they're out of my pricing budget. And I don't have the option to see one before I buy either. In this little rinky dinky town, the only store we have is Wally World. No, thanks!
I've bought the last four monitors online so no problems there either. At Amazon if it doesn't work, I can return it, shipping is free if it's defective.

As for Asus, they will not grace my desktop. My experience with Asus products is not good. Same for LG, too many bad ones.

I like Samsung best, but looking at the HP is seems to be an okay monitor. And the price is about right for my budget.

One thing I still don't understand about monitor manufacturer's is they're still putting a VGA plug on the back. My video card only has DVI and HDMI, luckily the monitor I'm looking at has two HDMI so I'm good to go when I get the funds to buy that one; though, I could change my mind by that time too.
11-14-2016, 12:19 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought two Viewsonic monitors awhile back. They're great, but I usually end up just using the screen on my MacBook Pro. It is remarkable how stable its colours stay, plus it's always with me!

Amazon ended up giving me half off on each because the speakers don't work on OS X.