Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2016, 05:35 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I lost a lifetime of photos, slides and negatives when my home flooded in Sandy in 2012.
Suggest you keep backups on portable media, and don't forget to take them with you in the event you must evacuate.

Chris
Off-site backups are important, too.

12-06-2016, 06:15 PM   #17
Pentaxian

I've got back up storage on 2 clouds. Google cloud AND Dropbox cloud.

You need a fast upload speed to make it work. It's "off site" storage (obviously). As a webmaster my computer engineers tell me that cloud storage is the most secure and reliable form of backup for both my websites and my photos.
12-06-2016, 06:25 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I've got back up storage on 2 clouds. Google cloud AND Dropbox cloud.

You need a fast upload speed to make it work. It's "off site" storage (obviously). As a webmaster my computer engineers tell me that cloud storage is the most secure and reliable form of backup for both my websites and my photos.
Fast upload isn't absolutely necessary. Some services let you mail them a hard drive to start backups. Otherwise, it can take a few weeks to upload everything.