Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Topaz Plug-Ins & Lightroom.....

Several years ago I bought a couple of Topaz Plug-Ins (Adjust & Simplify), and have been using them on my Mac with Aperture. A few weeks ago I bought a copy of Lightroom 6, and now that I have gotten somewhat used to working with that I'd like to use my plug-ins from w/in LR - but I can't figure out how to access them.
Do I need to "load" them into LR somehow to get them to show up and launch?
Not sure if I'm supposed to do something in LR to tell it I have them, or if I need to re-download them from Topaz now that I have LR on the machine, or something else altogether???

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.....

Tim

12-14-2016, 06:17 PM   #2
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UpNorth Quote
Several years ago I bought a couple of Topaz Plug-Ins (Adjust & Simplify), and have been using them on my Mac with Aperture. A few weeks ago I bought a copy of Lightroom 6, and now that I have gotten somewhat used to working with that I'd like to use my plug-ins from w/in LR - but I can't figure out how to access them.
Do I need to "load" them into LR somehow to get them to show up and launch?
Not sure if I'm supposed to do something in LR to tell it I have them, or if I need to re-download them from Topaz now that I have LR on the machine, or something else altogether???

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.....

Tim
Hi Tim,

I use LR6 in Windows, to access a plug-in I go to File/Plug-in Extras or I select a photo and right click on it and choose 'Edit in'. All my plug-ins can be accessed this way so if LR6 recognises them they should be listed there. If not the Topaz website should have some guidance on how to use their programs as plug-ins for LR6.

Tas
12-14-2016, 06:46 PM   #3
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the Topaz plug-ins do not appear in LR's "Edit In" list, try reinstalling the plug-ins. It may be wise to download the latest version of the plug-ins first before reinstalling them.
12-14-2016, 06:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys. Nothing was showing up under "Edit In" - so I tried downloading again and there they were!
NOW I can start using them.....again.....

Thanks again,

Tim