Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
PPL VS Silkpix

Which is the difference between PPL and Silkpix(full version). Can we modify the exposure or the color tone of a raw file in PPL (Pentax Photo Laborator)?

08-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by marius Quote
Which is the difference between PPL and Silkpix(full version).
PPL is based on old version of SilkyPix (v2)... the one to use is v3... Samsung ships their cameras w/ branded SilkyPix v3...

PPL has horrible UI.
08-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the info.

Is there any way to integrate our pentax camera settings into Lightroom? It is quite frustrating that we do our best to take the correct exposure and the lightroom to show the image on other settings....

How can we then recreate the image taken by our pentax cameras? I would like to start editing the image from that point.
08-08-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by marius Quote
It is quite frustrating that we do our best to take the correct exposure and the lightroom to show the image on other settings....
exposure ? you can set it,exposure slider I mean, to zero (0.0) - that will be as it was taken by the camera... unless you are talking about the camera profile and things like how various raw converters
are processing various parameters automatically - well, each raw converter is different... get SilkyPix v3... it is said that it
has good access to Pentax and sometimes the colors are the best (automatically) when using SilkyPix...

08-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
... PPL has horrible UI.
That's true, I used to use silkypix a lot, but after my LCD monitor was calibrated, the colors from PPL (3.5) are better.