Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rawtherapee adds support for pixel shift files

03-24-2017, 09:21 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thats great news!
I'm finding Rawtherapee such a great package as I get used to it (previously used Darktable). Its now not missing anything particularly important and find it does a pretty good NR.
03-24-2017, 10:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Awesome, im beginning to love raw therapee. The people who have helped in developing the software for the pixelshift section did a remarkable job

03-25-2017, 02:42 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've been using it for a little while now and it works significantly better than Pentax's own DCU for images that have any motion in them. Super quick at detecting motion within the scene and very easy to use. I still export images for some final sharpening and adjustments to Lightroom -- I'm just not totally familiar with the interface at this point -- but otherwise you can do everything in Raw Therapee. You can even bring Lightroom lens corrections and camera color files from Lightroom over and use them in Raw Therapee.

There is more information in this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/324925-pixel-shifted-images.html and this one, https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/32-digital-processing-software-printing/...lence-win.html on use of Raw Therapee, for what it's worth.

03-25-2017, 05:42 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Anyone using this new version of Raw Therapee that also has used dcrawps, are you able to determine whether RT handles motion correction any better than dcrawps?
I would like to stick with darktable, which means using dcrawps for pixelshift, but if RT handles the pixelshift noticeably better, it would be useful to know.

Cheers,
Terry
03-25-2017, 06:21 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tduell Quote
Anyone using this new version of Raw Therapee that also has used dcrawps, are you able to determine whether RT handles motion correction any better than dcrawps?
I would like to stick with darktable, which means using dcrawps for pixelshift, but if RT handles the pixelshift noticeably better, it would be useful to know.

Cheers,
Terry
I never used dcrawps but RT definitely is pretty smooth and accurate when it comes to detecting movement and masking it out.
03-26-2017, 04:10 AM   #7
Veteran Member

fyi - Pixel Shift is currently in the development branch of RawTherapee and is slated for release with version 5.1.