Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2017, 01:13 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photoshop Elements 14 and Silver Eft Pro

When Apple withdrew support for Aperture I purchased a copy of Photoshop Elements 14 in February 2016 which allowed me to continue using Google’s Nik Collections' Silver Efx Pro and both worked together as they should.

Every so often PE 14 would produce a message “There is a problem with generator, re-install the software etc”

The program worked fine but I finally got fed up with this notice and downloaded and reinstalled PE14 yesterday, it still produces the same message but otherwise seems to be working fine.

To my horror I then discovered that it will now no longer host Silver Efx Pro or any other members of the Nik Collection.

Looking at the Google site I see that they now say PE13 is the last edition that will host the Nik Collection.

I do not know whether it is Adobe, Google or both of them who are the culprits.

CD

Last edited by PenPusher; 04-03-2017 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Corrected thread name
04-03-2017, 03:01 AM - 1 Like   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
you can use the components of the Nik Collection as stand alone editors... I do...
04-03-2017, 03:27 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
you can use the components of the Nik Collection as stand alone editors... I do...
so do I.
04-03-2017, 04:44 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you for that lads, just goes to show you should never read the instructions.

CD

04-04-2017, 01:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Did you try to reinstall the Nik suite?

If it was working for you before, I can't see why it would quit. Sometimes software lists a limit on software versions because that was the version that was out when the software was released. In other words, PSE 13 may have been the version of PSE when Nik was released. My own experience is that the plugins continue to work with software well beyond what was listed. Of course, eventually the plugins may not work, so PSE 14 may in fact not work. But, you stated it was working, so I can't see any reason why it still can't be made to work.

I suspect the reinstall of PSE 14 you did wiped out the plugin shortcuts, and a reinstall of Nik will reinstall those.