Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2017, 11:51 AM   #1

New problem with Elements

Hi, I'm not sure this is the proper place to ask this question but I'll try anyway. I have a Pentax K-70 and use Photoshop Elements 14. I went to a crash course on Elements yesterday and wonder if something got reset. What is happening is that when I move photo files from my camera to Adobe Bridge everything is fine. However, as soon as I load them into Elements they immediately show up as much darker. If I edit the photo to make it as light as the original and save it, as soon I open the photo again it has returned to the very dark version. What is going on and how can I solve it? Thank you. Joyce Keay

04-16-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have no knowlege of Bridge, but have used Elements for many years.

When you save the edited photo, are you saving it to the same location as the original?

In Bridge and Elements have you checked that the same settings re. colour space etc are being used by both aplications?

What happens if you bypass Bridge and open a new photo directly in Elements?
04-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check that your colorspace is the same in both applications. I use Lightroom and Photoshop rather than Bridge / Elements so I'm not that familiar with Elements but different colorspace can cause that.

What happens if you do not use bridge but open the file directly in Elements?
04-16-2017, 03:37 PM   #4

Original Poster
I just found the solution. I feel sooooooo dumb! I just quit Photoshop Elements and reopened it and all was well. Whew! Thank you for your responses. I appreciate them. Joyce Keay